• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What’s up with the Skout Epoch 🤨

I don't know if it's possible but if there was one feature I would love it would be the option to swap the voice/sound files to custom ones. This way you could add custom translations, sound effects or whatever weeaboo things people might like :unsure:

Although not an advertised feature, the software module that allows this already exists and is available for free download to registered owners on request.

The EPOCH, like the new Pantera, is a purpose built gun. Where the EPOCH is designed to be a bench gun, the Pantera is aimed at PRS style shooting. Both can be used in other disciplines, but their designs will limit their suitability, albeit the EPOCH may appear somewhat less restrictive than the Pantera platform, it's weight and shape will tend to make it impractical for carrying around and/or shouldering.

These are types of things that everyone considering a purchase should contemplate. For those looking for a multipurpose " Go To" gun, you should probably look elsewhere.
Interesting,

Wander why if it was built to be strictly a bench gun they whent with the Bullpup design rather then a full rifle style ?

Reactions: JoePolanco
I had a chance to stop by and look at the Epoch at the NEAC and I was pleasantly surprised at how light it was. It is a solid, beautifully machined unit, and it does look heavy, but I would walk around all day and everyday with that gun, over a Benjamin Marauder. It is relatively short, at least not as long as I thought it would be, and its shouldering weight isn't bad. When I first got my Mrod I couldn't believe how heavy that gun felt, carrying and shouldering, yet everybody seemed to think that gun was just a little heavy. Since a lot of the community has held an Mrod, that is I why I mention it for comparison. Anyway, I don't know anything about its performance, but its size and weight should not put anyone off. It seems like a wildly good first attempt at making a pcp to me.

Last edited:
The EPOCH, like the new Pantera, is a purpose built gun. Where the EPOCH is designed to be a bench gun, the Pantera is aimed at PRS style shooting. Both can be used in other disciplines, but their designs will limit their suitability, albeit the EPOCH may appear somewhat less restrictive than the Pantera platform, it's weight and shape will tend to make it impractical for carrying around and/or shouldering.

These are types of things that everyone considering a purchase should contemplate. For those looking for a multipurpose " Go To" gun, you should probably look elsewhere.

Not starting a tiff here, but you seem quite well versed on the Epoch and I am not. So if you don’t mind I would like to ask a few questions.
The Panthera was stated out of the gate as a PRS competition gun. The small tank, long barrel etc are easy to place in a PRS dedicated gun.
What I have seen from Epoch is it is a great gun, new design, revolutionary and accurate. I am not saying they did not clarify its main purpose, I just not seen anything on that. Is the purpose a primary bench gun?
Like any purpose built gun it can adapt to and do well at other disciplines. What other areas of air gunning would you think it could adapt to?
At some point cost comes into the marketability of any air gun except truly custom target guns. I am wondering if the Epoch may have strayed over the line. That is a ton of money and thus far I have not seen anything that would warrant the cost or prompt me to have any interest, but I am not a bench shooter.
As a side note, I am not too very interested in the Panthera either.

Reactions: JoePolanco
Not starting a tiff here, but you seem quite well versed on the Epoch and I am not. So if you don’t mind I would like to ask a few questions.
The Panthera was stated out of the gate as a PRS competition gun. The small tank, long barrel etc are easy to place in a PRS dedicated gun.
What I have seen from Epoch is it is a great gun, new design, revolutionary and accurate. I am not saying they did not clarify its main purpose, I just not seen anything on that. Is the purpose a primary bench gun?
Like any purpose built gun it can adapt to and do well at other disciplines. What other areas of air gunning would you think it could adapt to?
At some point cost comes into the marketability of any air gun except truly custom target guns. I am wondering if the Epoch may have strayed over the line. That is a ton of money and thus far I have not seen anything that would warrant the cost or prompt me to have any interest, but I am not a bench shooter.
As a side note, I am not too very interested in the Panthera either.
I'm not at all qualified to speak about this or most top tier airguns, but I can speak from what I know plenty about, the low end, and what value is. Having worked on, and improved, cheap guns, springer and pcp, to very accurate levels, and looking at the time and money it took to do so, compared to just paying up front, I can say that the Epoch's price does not seem out of line compared to other expensive airguns. If you, " -have not seen anything that would warrant the cost," than you have not seen too many of the other airguns out there, or there is simply no pleasing you. Not wanting to spend a boat load of money on this stuff is perfectly normal at first, but you will, if you really love shooting airguns, and you really want to shoot the good ones, be beaten down eventually and spend the money. Highend manufacture and materials from (relatively) small shops cost big bucks, period. If you work your way up from the bottom you can really see what you're paying for, and justify the expense to yourself. All top tier guns are going to cost a lot of money. As to the Epoch's purpose, it's whatever you want it to be, not what someone tells you. I handled it briefly and I didn't think it was big or heavy, maybe some will find it so, I don't. It certainly isn't that long so I would say that it is pretty adaptable for anything. You say that, thus far, you have no interest in this, the Panthera or benchrest shooting, and never said what you were actually interested in, so it would be hard to make a recommendation, I'm not qualified to anyway. I did just get a tier one gun and can tell you that you do get what you pay for. There are no deals to be had when buying new, only used in the classifieds.

Reactions: AirGunShooter
Bit of adaptation ... dislike FLAT Shoulder Butt Pads/Plates, so did something about it retrofitting a pad that has a bit of shoulder pocket curve and a mild Hook protrusion. IMO the shouldering is less Up/Down slide prone centering on ones shoulder far better.
* Have no clue who makes this pad as it was attached to an after market adjustable LOP butt plate assembly of unknown origin :rolleyes:

u.jpg

Reactions: Heyboy