Whats up with .25 cal pellets?

A .25 pellet gun really is a questionable proposition at this point. When I see the price of 500 .22 crosmans i feel like a fool paying 3x the price for that extra .03 inch. I know quality is poor but we really need something like this in .25. I say don’t fall for the price gouging and cast your own, find a gun that can shoot what you are able cast.
Sounds like a good excuse to add a .22 to the stable. Cheap shooting to get you along until the .25 situation improves. .177 really adds to cheap shooting. I recently got 500 count tins of H&Ns for just over $8. While the .22 Crossman domes are very affordable and not as clean as much more expensive pellets I have found they shoot quite good out of my M34. If you look at the pellets it may be only .03 difference in the bore but consider the average .22 is 14.3 gr. while the standard .25 is 25.4 gr. Thats almost double the weight so materials cost as well as shipping costs almost double. The difference in impact when hunting between .22 and .25 is amazing. Way back in the day Ted did a video on this. Just my 10 cents worth, inflation ya know.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrP