• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What's up at DonnyFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 304265
Very accurate rifle. They have .25 and .30 cal. The mag is fixed which is fine by me. Both semi-auto and full-auto with a flick of a switch. 3 letter guys for sure know about these pellet guns so I don't expect anything to come of any of this thread. DFL has been at gun shows and the Shot Show many times so what's new? He's not been hiding anything.
OK, thanks for clarifying. Nice looking air gun. Not for me though, not a tacti-cool fan to that level.

I've often wondered about legality of DFL suppressors but it is clearly stated "Only for airguns, not firearms." or something like that. I've looked into the 3 letter organization laws but I found nothing about airguns, not that that's a solid answer.

All I know is that his suppressors are excellent and I'd have several PCP guns I wouldn't be able to shoot in my backyard. I've talked to Donny and his helper several times and both are really cool guys for sure. Hope he just went on vacation for a few weeks and closed shop?
Joe
DFL and other airgun moderators are not viable options for firearms because they are not made to withstand the heat and combustion of a live round. The material inside will literally cook. You might get 1-3 suppressed shots before it’s ruined. Not speaking from personal experience just the most logical theory.

Reactions: beerthief
If we assume that the worst case scenario is true, it was fun while it lasted. Tbh I’m surprised it lasted this long before some dope tried to experiment with one. Especially with the recent explosion in the airgun industry. You know it’s growing when your local paintball store changes their store name from “maximum paintball” to “maximum airguns”. The cat’s out of the bag

On the bright side, Donny could make custom shrouds with baffles for any airgun. I’m sure he’ll figure something out

Wow, just read this. I’d sure like to strangle the fffnn idiots who ruined it for this community. It only takes one bad apple. And if an emperor did grenade on the guy for stupidly trying, well, the stupid get what they deserve.

Just venting, upset as some of you are. I would hate to see someone as successful as the DFL business close their doors because of a few tainted chit piles

Reactions: douger
Read what it says below his logo… Five pages of speculations?

B9B347EB-9AD0-4F62-AD8E-116377F91DC3.jpeg

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
If we assume that the worst case scenario is true, it was fun while it lasted.
This is nothing new. When electric bicycles came out it was the "wild west". Were totally unregulated and under the radar. I built my own e-bike back in 2009 and rode the thing everywhere. Top speed for mine was 23 mph on the flat with no wind but with a 1kwh battery I had a no-joke 80 mile range.

People started building super powered ones capable of interstate highway speeds and bragging about them on e-bike forums, posting high speed Youtube videos, etc. Then they were "noticed" by the wrong parties. Now can't ride them on rail trails in many places, they have to be registered as mopeds in others, even registered and insured as motorcycles with DOT compliant equipment in a few others.

Same story for e-cigs. I used them from 2012 till I quit last year. I saw the regulations creep in more and more once they were "noticed".

Wait and see on this one. Still could be nothing major.

Air guns are not classified by law as firearms at least where I live (SD). So the use of a moderator doesn't require a NFA tax stamp. If Alphabet org under Biden decides they are firearms, then we can say goodbye to our classified section, Donnyfl and dozens of others who produced these. That means no online sales without a ffl transfer.. Hopefully this is just another Alphabet org screw up..

I for one have dug a deep hole in a secret location and buried all the items I've purchased from Donny so that when that agency gets my name and address from his records and comes knocking on my door they won't be able to find it. :cool: It is a bit of a pain to dig them up to use whenever I want to shoot my pellet rifle though. I hope they aren't using satellite surveillance to time their no-knock warrant with my target shooting.

Call me paranoid. When someone creates an account simply to start a thread and then deletes that account I automatically make the assumption that they were there to collect information. That's probably just an intelligence/LEA background speaking. (nope it was just paranois speaking) Your mileage may vary but speculation is going to be unproductive on any level.

NOTE: This has been shown to be speculation at it's worst... That said the question remains, where did ZedCee go and why?

Last edited:
I've often wondered about legality of DFL suppressors but it is clearly stated "Only for airguns, not firearms." or something like that. I've looked into the 3 letter organization laws but I found nothing about airguns, not that that's a solid answer.

All I know is that his suppressors are excellent and I'd have several PCP guns I wouldn't be able to shoot in my backyard. I've talked to Donny and his helper several times and both are really cool guys for sure. Hope he just went on vacation for a few weeks and closed shop?
Joe
Right and at the gun shop this .38special is only for paper targets .

Reactions: darylm
I for one have dug a deep hole in a secret location and buried all the items I've purchased from Donny so that when that agency gets my name and address from his records and comes knocking on my door they won't be able to find it. :cool: It is a bit of a pain to dig them up to use whenever I want to shoot my pellet rifle though. I hope they aren't using satellite surveillance to time their no-knock warrant with my target shooting.

lol

Call me paranoid. When someone creates an account simply to start a thread and then deletes that account I automatically make the assumption that they were there to collect information. That's probably just an intelligence/LEA background speaking. Your mileage may vary but speculation is going to be unproductive on any level.
Huh? A 15 second search, especially by someone with intelligence/LEA background would tell you that the OP has been posting for like 2 months at a minimum......

Reactions: OldSpook
And because I'm on phone it took me a couple more minutes to show he's been around AGN for over 4 years.....

Reactions: OldSpook
Huh? A 15 second search, especially by someone with intelligence/LEA background would tell you that the OP has been posting for like 2 months at a minimum......
Yeah nothing like being humbled. I had that comeing, didn't I? 😊You got me I never even thought to search on the username. One would think I would know better. Goes to show you the government gets what it pays for. .🥴

I am confused by the guest status because I see no way to post as a guest. That led me to assume he had deleted his account. Then I looked at his profile to check his posts... Well that doesn't work because he is a guest. Now if you can explain how a guest can post and why a guest has a username without deleting an account. That would be helpful. While you are on that help me understand why he would start this thread and after having an Account for 4 years somehow change his account status to guest...???😊

Last edited:
Reactions: budrow
Just got an e-mail saying 3 letter organization visited them yesterday and told them to stop making moderators. Supposedly, some firearms guys are saying folks are using them to put on PB's. Can't confirm this, but was relayed to me by folks who went to Donny's store yesterday
No more info from your source?

Reactions: budrow
Status
Not open for further replies.