• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Whats the sense of referencing MOA?

as it turns out you're correct my mistake I was typing faster than I was thinking again. Now here me out... Its an angular measurement that is equal to 1 Meter at the distance of a 1000 meters... I had said it was 1 yard at a 1000 yards.... for the sake of discussion, please show our viewers how this is different in angular measurements, because these scopes all adjust based on angular measurement and that's where the accuracy as questioned comes into play?
You're both right. 1 MIL at 1000yds is 1 yard it is also 1 meter at 1000m. MIL is not metric. It just works as a base 10 system which metric just so happens to be.

None of you had typed anything correct about Radians. Radians is arc length.

Which is a unit of angle.

Source: Oxford

20230506_074929.jpg

Please do tell, how that angle is then. Describe that angle at 100 yards and 1000 yards
Arc length is a result of a radian at any given range. You have the two confused. The arc length is equal to the radius which would be your range. Heres a picture:
radian-measure.png

A radian is a rather large angle (57.296°) hence the reason we measure in milliradians (0.057296°)

this has gone beyond stupid... who cares if you know that a radian is a measure of angle... and thus a milliradian is a thousandth of that angle the real story if you trig it out is what is the distance or length of the triangle leg opposite of that angle from a distance of 100 yards or 1000 yards. or even 10 yards to make this simple. and that's where a Minute of angle is about 1 inch at a hundred yards, and a Milliradian is about 3.6 inches at 100 yards. for all intents and purpose, we need to know how much our scope was being adjusted as per the distance on the actual target... and for those that care, MOA is more accurate in adjustment that Mil.