• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Whats The Quietest PCP You Have Shot?

So I have had a bunch of pcps now some low middle and now high end ones. I have shifted my needs and kind of want the quietest I can get. I have been doing some pest stuff and want it as quiet as can be. I may just be spoiled with my 10fpe dreamtac that I can shoot at anytime because it's that quiet. I have a dreamtac, crown, impact, veteran, and a L2. Even moderated is fine just looking to see what others have found.
20221001_225917.jpg
20220815_011214.jpg
20220731_000616.jpg
20220714_011744.jpg
20220712_230327.jpg

Matt - assuming were talking ~30fpe and under I would have to agree with the Vets. My 2 compacts, .177 with addition of Huggett Atom and .22 with addition of a Tatsu are both amazingly quiet airguns.

Above 30 fpe in .22 and over .25 it starts to get much harder to call anything really "quiet".

As far as pistol go I'm going to give it to my EdGun Veles' in .177 and .22 with the stock moderators pushing 12 and 20 fpe respectively. They are 100% backyard friendly.

Reactions: csvette3023
most are ok with a donny on them to shoot in the yard, repetitive shooting and people know pretty much what your doing, and theyre gonna hear it and know what it is when you smoke 'midnight' for hunting your livestock .. in a similar situation where the ultimate one unnoticeable shot near the neighbors from hell fenceline is needed a prod with a sumo on it is the tool for the job ... have the hole pre-dug .. ultimately though if you shoot and shoot 'any' gun it becomes clear whats going on, you cant hide the smack from the report, no matter how faint .. as said though, just about any gun will be fine with a donny as far as noise level, its just a matter of people knowing what youre doing anyway and getting all karen on ya .. dont let them see you .. thats the key ... they cant attack what they cant get to .. if they touch the fence its trespassing at that point, and ud recommend filming it first, then maybe emptying a can of bear spray on them for trespassing and threatening you ...

My .25 Wilcat mk1 with Huggett. All you hear is the hammer on the valve and the pellet hitting target. NOW, power to hush factor it would be my .25 Maverick with DonnyFl Tanto.
However, if you happen to be opening water filled beer cans with Neilsen 33.6 slugs..... NO quieting that POP!
20221016_184042.jpg

Yeah, YOU know what I mean. Lol

Reactions: Miami Airgunner
most are ok with a donny on them to shoot in the yard, repetitive shooting and people know pretty much what your doing, and theyre gonna hear it and know what it is when you smoke 'midnight' for hunting your livestock .. in a similar situation where the ultimate one unnoticeable shot near the neighbors from hell fenceline is needed a prod with a sumo on it is the tool for the job ... have the hole pre-dug .. ultimately though if you shoot and shoot 'any' gun it becomes clear whats going on, you cant hide the smack from the report, no matter how faint .. as said though, just about any gun will be fine with a donny as far as noise level, its just a matter of people knowing what youre doing anyway and getting all karen on ya .. dont let them see you .. thats the key ... they cant attack what they cant get to .. if they touch the fence its trespassing at that point, and ud recommend filming it first, then maybe emptying a can of bear spray on them for trespassing and threatening you ...
Woh? Seriously? Bear spray on the neighbors because they don't like you're shooting or touch your fence?

If you're not doing anything wrong, you don't need to pre-dig your graves. If you're not violating any ordinances Karen can't do anything but make noise.

If Karen is trespassing all you have to do is call the sheriff.

All this rough talk is not the way to win Friends and influence people.

Just saying'. Don't shoot the messenger.

Last edited:
alot of great input in this thread , I tend to agree with most power level and the tune dictates how loud any pcp gun is ,Now if the discussion was out of box which guns are quiet say at 30 fpe stock , I have owned over 30 pcp guns since I joined here , I have to say a cricket and taipan seem to be very very quiet out of box , but again tune and fpe is what tames noise , moderators to a great job , I have many donny fl , I have heard great things of Neils moderators but never had tested one yet , and one of the noisest guns I had was like my evanix ar6 in22 it has like close to 50fpe out of box it was my first pcp no shroud no moderator so comparing this to same moderated guns they all seem to do a great job to be back yard friendly

If you're not doing anything wrong, you don't need to pre-dig your graves. If you're not violating any ordinances Karen can't do anything but make noise.

Pfft. I'm disappointed in both of you, everyone knows that you are supposed to have a 1/2 full 55 gallon drum of piranha solution sitting around for this...