• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other Whats the next step over the Notos?

Other thread got me thinking.

The notos IMO is worth the money, even with junk mag. In factory config, it makes alot of sense for multiple intended uses.

Quality seems to be there (NOT the mag) Certainly at the price.

That said, seems alot of guys are adding all the aftermarket garb...which brings me to pondering the cost:

Notos: $230
Plenum Kit: $50
BuckRail kit: $220 +
Carm/Maple mag: $30

What would you buy instead of the modded Notos, with a budget of $600?

In regards to price/value/quality comparatively?

Last edited:
Reactions: Firewalker
What im saying is:

For $600, what are you buying instead of the modded Notos?

What other PCP models would be "better" for that kind of money?
Got it, still going to have to say Avenge-X, the Air Venturi Avenger was always a popular "starter" PCP, the Avenge-X has addressed weaknesses in the Avenger, more expensive, yes, but seems they got it right. Dynamic Air Rifle (DAR) Generation 3 and the JTS Airacuda Standard and Max are also popular "starter" PCPs to consider. WM

Reactions: WIndOnYerGrape
Other thread got me thinking.

The notos IMO is worth the money, even with junk mag. In factory config, it makes alot of sense for multiple intended uses.

Quality seems to be there (NOT the mag) Certainly at the price.

That said, seems alot of guys are adding all the aftermarket garb...which brings me to pondering the cost:

Notos: $230
Plenum Kit: $50
BuckRail kit: $220 +
Carm/Maple mag: $30

What would you buy instead of the modded Notos, with a budget of $600?

In regards to price/value/quality comparatively?

Carbon Fiber bottle conversion with the Z-block.

Adjustable regulator on the fly! 100+ shots, what's not to love?
And you would still have money to spare!

20231114_213742.jpg

More on the OP...

I've owned and worked on Avengers and they are compatible to off the shelf Walmart guns for quality of materials.

The DAR are an old generation of the Xisico gun and the JTS Max is the new generation of the same gun, no matter what Travis says.

The JTS is superior to both the Avenger and DAR, especially after the three known initial defects have been fixed.

Reactions: WIndOnYerGrape
I acknowledge the the Notos has its fans and has become a modders delight. I just can’t see spending that $230 for the basic gun and then spending almost twice the cost of the gun to make it a what? A cobbled together hot mess?🙀🤓🙈 Save another $600 get an Atomic XR, which will still be around and functioning 100% out the box years from now. And will hold value, those souped up Notos not so much?

I acknowledge the the Notos has its fans and has become a modders delight. I just can’t see spending that $230 for the basic gun and then spending almost twice the cost of the gun to make it a what? A cobbled together hot mess?🙀🤓🙈 Save another $600 get an Atomic XR, which will still be around and functioning 100% out the box years from now. And will hold value, those souped up Notos not so much?

"A cobbled together hot mess?"

DELETED

Brocock/BRK
Sale Price: $1,499.99

Reactions: Perle
"A cobbled together hot mess?"

I know you can be rude and unnecessarily critical but at least get your facts straight before vilifying something you have never touched, please.

Brocock/BRK
Sale Price: $1,499.99
I agree and apologize, my choice of words was deliberately poor. And was only funning. Am not villifing anything, its a hobby. My unmodified Artemis pp700sa killed more rats than all my BRKs combined. Have I been rude before? Likely…

More on the OP...

I've owned and worked on Avengers and they are compatible to off the shelf Walmart guns for quality of materials.

The DAR are an old generation of the Xisico gun and the JTS Max is the new generation of the same gun, no matter what Travis says.

The JTS is superior to both the Avenger and DAR, especially after the three known initial defects have been fixed.
Firewalker,
If I bought another JTS Airacuda Max today, would I still encounter the three known defects? I'd feel much better recommending the platform if I knew JTS isn't sending them out that way. WM

• Wow
Reactions: Firewalker
Firewalker,
If I bought another JTS Airacuda Max today, would I still encounter the three known defects? I'd feel much better recommending the platform if I knew JTS isn't sending them out that way. WM

Sorry, I dont know!

I SO badly want to buy the .30 MAX but I'm enamored by the Notos right now...

Sorry, I dont know!

I SO badly want to buy the .30 MAX but I'm enamored by the Notos right now...
Seven round magazines, 14 shots till off reg on 3500psi fill, no thanks on the MAX .30. BuckRail claimed to be working on a synthetic stock for the MAX, just like for Standard but only crickets now. Nice light synthetic stock with solid support of the action is on my 2024 Wish List.