What’s the most compact Hunting style rifle?

Edgun Lelya 2.0. It's 23.5 inches with a built in moderator. In the picture you can see the size difference between my Lelya compared to my Wildcat III BT compact and Crown MKII with 380mm barrel.

My Lelya is .177 but I had it shooting JSB Beast at 900 tt/sec for 29 fpe. It was shooting less than a nickel groups at 45 yards at that power level. I now have it tuned to 20 ft/lbs shooting under a dime at 40 yards using either JSB Monster or JSB Beast.

It also shoots 1/4 inch groups with the following ammo but I've only tested these at 30 yards.
Crosman Piranha, Crosman HP, Crosman Premiere Domed, H&N Hunter, H&N Baracuda Match, Polymag short, JSB Knockout 13.43gr.
JSB Hades don't shoot as well as the others about 3/8 at 30 yards but that is good enough to knock down an Iguana at 30-35 yards.

IMG_2755.jpg

I was brought up on modern black rifle style platforms. I really want a classic hunting style repeater, possibly with wood stock. Only thing is I’m a smaller guy at 5’6 and have a strong preference for carbines and compacts due to the size and location of my yard

Can’t seem to find anything shorter than 35” and even then id have to add a few inches for moderator.

Any suggestions? I really like the look of the raw 1000 and the crown…
@jt-outta-cali What type or sized game animals do you intend to hunt with this gun? Is there a particular caliber or caliber range that you’re seeking? What type of power (fpe) and shot count do you expect from the type of gun you’d like to find? Are you looking for a pellet rifle, a slug shooter, a multi-projectile shooter? It’s tough to provide input without knowing more specific information.

At the original poster: Budget, purpose and your personal preference or fit ar key I think.
You mention RAW. Had one, sold it, did not fit my purpose.
I suggest you take a look at the AAA Evol in .22. For a couple of reasons
1. Its great stuff
2. its short
3. you can easily get std ar15 carbine stock on it to match your frame: it makes a large difference in how the gun feels for you. I have a RAPS-C on mine… (even tho mine is 18inch barrel)

Traditional hunting style rifle under 36" ain't gonna happen. My Revere, without moderator is about 37". You need to decide where you can compromise. I don't see why 36" should be that important, but that's your call. My recommendations would be the Revere, Royale 400, or HW100 carbine. If 36" is a hard requirement, look at the bullpups.