What’s the most compact Hunting style rifle?

I was brought up on modern black rifle style platforms. I really want a classic hunting style repeater, possibly with wood stock. Only thing is I’m a smaller guy at 5’6 and have a strong preference for carbines and compacts due to the size and location of my yard

Can’t seem to find anything shorter than 35” and even then id have to add a few inches for moderator.

Any suggestions? I really like the look of the raw 1000 and the crown…

• Wow
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Under 35? Ooo....
Might have to join the mini carbine team🤪🤙

20230209_121716.jpg

I think the FX Crown with 380mm liner comes in around 35". You want it under 35" with the moderator?

I think the FX Royale has a regular barrel & might be easier to fit with a short barrel. Not sure though.

Are the semi pups like the Cricket Mini-Carbine a possibility or are they not as traditional as you prefer? Brocock & Zbroia both make semi bullpups as well.

Air Arms & BSA have made some compact traditional rifles. I don't know much about them. I believe they are all bolt action other than one limited addition side lever displayed at the British Shooting Show last year. I'll find the video tomorrow.

My Prod is quite short and works fine for small game tuned to 17-18 fpe. My favorites are my P35s, however. Their shroud is very effective in quieting them with either a hair curler mod or a 3D printed moderator in it. I have the shroud slid forward about 1.5 inches and printed moderators in all 3 of my P35s. I also put a 1 inch extension on the buttstock for my long arms. My guns are still under 30 inches long. They have 450mm barrels. The 177 came set to 18-19 fpe and gets at least 100 shots on a fill. The 22 came set to produce about 32 fpe and gets about 60 shots. I detuned the 25 because it likes FTTs which are really light in 25 and it thus gets about 70 32 fpe shots. They are thus not super powerful but are powerful enough for me.

Reactions: UCChris
I got tired of trying to find one under 36" that was shrouded or moderated so I built mine.

Kral mega 25 cal with 11" barrel and baffled shroud. Custom stock made from a jumbo and Mega stock cut and molded together.

33.5" AOL, quiet, 38 fpe for 24 shots, stacks multiple different pellets, and under 8lbs with Scope and bipod. Balances well due to the length and stock weight in the back from the raised comb/thumbhole.
20230215_204425.jpg