What's The Most Bang For The Buck In A Spotting Scope ?

@heavy-impact I have a cheap Simmons spotting scope (below in the left) that I use out to 100 yards. I can see .30 pellet holes just fine. I mount it on a cheap tripod. I paid about $40-50 for it used on eBay. 
DE6DE20B-40C0-4735-8B2F-117DF2542445.1646598289.jpeg

Can’t say if it’s the best bang for your buck in regards to quality, but it serves its purpose. I have looked at a number of spotting scopes to upgrade, but I’m in no rush because this one works fine for target practice. 

For target's at 100 yards about anything will be fine, if your trying to judge deer or elk out past 300 yards spend the cash on a very good one.

In all actuality having a cheap spotter for the range can save a good spotter a lot of abuse. I've had my tripod kicked more then once by buddy's and others not paying attention, couple times I thought my spotter was headed for the concrete. 

best bang at what price range?

if you want most of the features of an expensive scope at a much lower price, the svbony sv46 is what i have. compared to a much more expensive leupold mark 4 spotting scope i also have, the clarity is very good.

https://youtu.be/tlj_JAKLcR0

i have heard their "budget scopes" are are decent for the price <$100.

you can also call doug at cameralandny.com since he sells a lot of scopes (although not this brand).

For a good quality glass my best bet is to look first at the bird watchers scope reviews. Bird watchers are all anal for details inside FOV.

Second, do you want a 45 degree angle, 30, or straight, unfortunately I have not seen any modular? All depend where you want to mount the spotter or place around you, when you shoot and want to check the POI.

I have two, 45 and 30 degree angle, the 45 not working well with sitting at the bench but best for standing and mounted on tripod.

For a good quality glass my best bet is to look first at the bird watchers scope reviews. Bird watchers are all anal for details inside FOV.

Second, do you want a 45 degree angle, 30, or straight, unfortunately I have not seen any modular? All depend where you want to mount the spotter or place around you, when you shoot and want to check the POI.

I have two, 45 and 30 degree angle, the 45 not working well with sitting at the bench but best for standing and mounted on tripod.

I purchased the Athlon. I think the 45° angle will work well for me on the bench and rotated 90°.

Thanks for your input.

I had an old B&L Discoverer and it got to the point where with my old eyes it just did not focus good. I ended up with a Kowa, actually two a straight tube 60mm and a larger 82mm angled. I honestly have trouble finding objects with the angled scope, but once I find it, the image is great, can see .22 cal holes at 300 yards, at the rifle range shooting centerfire. 

My suggestion is to find a dealer that carries a variety of scopes and look through several before making a decision.