What's the most bang for the buck in a 6-24 FFP with really clear glass ?

Vortex diamondback? Lifetime transferable warranty if it's broke they fix it. Springer rated as well. I bought four by 16x44 at opticsplanet for about $350 shipped. The retical is awfully busy. I believe they have a one that's higher magnification than the one that I got at the same price.

Last edited:
I have an Athlon Midas Tac...really liked it. Shot it at RMAC. No complaints except that for my eye it seemed more difficult to focus the reticle no matter how much I played with it.

I replaced it with a Hawke Frontier 34mm. I absolutely love it. There's a 5-25 Frontier 30 that might fit the bill. My SFP Sidewinder is also excellent so I'd take a look at the 6-24 FFP Sidewinder. Pretty sure its smaller than the Athlon and Hawkes warranty is killer.

The Bushnell Match Pro is awesome too and less expensive than the Athlon.

TLDR;
Top 3
1. Hawke Sidewinder 30 FFP
2. Bushnell Match Pro
3. Athlon Midas Tac

You have tons of options. This is the golden age!

OP runs them
Edge to edge clarity on the diamond back 6-24 unfortunately you will not get. I run it up to about 20 power only, which is fine for me. The Midas Tac has good clarity edge to edge at full magnification but the eye box gets tight on me. I actually found that the newer Helos BTR Gen2 6-24 does a much better job, has a couple years more technology growth under it, has slightly better price and has better edge to edge clarity then the Midas tac. If one where to go that route I would suggest looking that direction in the Athlon line.