• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

What's the highest FPE from a tuned MROD and BT65; and how??

Yes, it all depends on the setup as to what the max can be. I recently had my Mrod up to 950 FPS (68 FPE) at 3k unregulated using 34gr MKIIs.

The problem I experienced with that was with accuracy. I had to turn my tune down to 860-865 FPS (55-56 FPE) for the MKIIs to group 1 MOA or under at 50 yards. Anything much above that and the groups begin to open up. I have an OEM GM barrel on it.

I recently chopped the choke off and added in 2.5 more baffles to take up the slack, which helped the report as well. This really helped my groups, too. 

Hello Triggertreat,

I'm not sure what the FPS would be on my BT65 unregulated. What I do know is that with the reg set at 160 bar, the rifle pushes a 26 gr jsb @ 990 fps, 32 gr AVS slugs from Stephen 926 fps, and the 790 fps with the 48 gr hpbt from Rick. The JSB's are burning down the range with good accuracy, but the heavier JSB's and the slugs are tack drivers. The 34 gr JSB, 32,34, and 36 gr AVS from Stephen; along with the 38 and 48 gr hpbt from Rick are the MOST accurate pellets and slugs my rifle will shoot.

Hey Seth0764,

Thanks for pointing out the drilling out the delrin valve seat. I thought about drilling it out before, but I was unsure if it would hold up. After your comment, I did some research and found out the recommended dimensions; along with the math to ensure the correct flow. Once I get a chance to work the seat, I'll post the out come. Same thing with the MROD, as soon as I get the Cochran valve in; I'll test and post. Thanks to Everyone for your notes and inputs, I'm still learning.

Hello Triggertreat,

I'm not sure what the FPS would be on my BT65 unregulated. What I do know is that with the reg set at 160 bar, the rifle pushes a 26 gr jsb @ 990 fps, 32 gr AVS slugs from Stephen 926 fps, and the 790 fps with the 48 gr hpbt from Rick. The JSB's are burning down the range with good accuracy, but the heavier JSB's and the slugs are tack drivers. The 34 gr JSB, 32,34, and 36 gr AVS from Stephen; along with the 38 and 48 gr hpbt from Rick are the MOST accurate pellets and slugs my rifle will shoot.

Davhowrd,

Be happy that your BT will group well with slugs. My GM barrel doesn't like any that I've tried better than the JSB MKIIs. I will say the AVS slugs are doing the best so far of all the slugs I have tested.

Hello Team,

I hope everyone is in good health and well being. This is a time a uncertainty and madness, but Easter is upon us, the light at the end of the tunnel, something to be joyful about. With all the extra time on my hands I had a chance to cut the valve seat and make my final modifications. Team,,, the BT65 is now a lead slinging BEAST. And still maintains it accuracy. I'll have some numbers soon.