What’s the best trigger in the business

I’ve been thinking about the most adjustable trigger with the cleanest break that I have had. So far the one that comes to mind is the HW100. Now not including the electronic triggers out there. Is there something I’ve been missing? I’ve had a Marauder trigger for quite some time on a discovery and even though it’s nice it’s not really in the same league. Daystate? FX? 

Mod edit: moved to General Airgunning section

I can only speak to the triggers my finger have touched.

The ones that have impressed me the most are (in no particular order):

American Air Arms Gen 3 - a true dual stage trigger without dual ratio. Plus a dual safety (trigger block & sear safety).

20220127_155544.1643489122.jpg

The Daystate Redwolf trigger

Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 2.52.43 PM.1643489584.png

The Gordon Dawson ceramic bearing trigger in my Swift Rapid

Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 2.59.49 PM.1643490017.png

The Steyr LG110

20220129_143722.1643488775.jpg

I've also felt some really nice RAW triggers, and I've always heard great things about Anschutz & FWB triggers, but I don't have any experience with them.

-Michael

It’s almost like asking for how long is a piece of string. Every application is different and every person has different preferences. I don’t prefer the sub 10oz feather light trigger many here prefer even on the bench, minimum for me is about 14 oz or even 1lb for and definitely 1lb or even a bit more in single stage for shooting freehanded or leaning against something. Hell, I really like AEA’s 5lb single stage trigger shooting semi-auto so guess I’m just weird. In fact I don’t really like dual stage trigger everyone is raving about and give me a good single stage anyday over dual stage, when I pull/press the trigger I want it to go off. Having to feel the take up of the fist state is simply a distraction to me, then once the first stage is taken up and you are ready to shoot isn’t that back to a single stage? Seems like a wast of time and concentration, I’ve accidentally fired the gun many times trying to taking up the first stage. It’s down right annoying to me, only first stage I want is feel of the trigger on my finger tip! 

Reactions: Ripper
True enough Qball. I myself don’t like a hair trigger, I prefer a short first stage with a 2lb break. Maybe I should have asked what is the most adjustable trigger available . Weight , pull , shoe position , etc.

sadly all the triggers I have seen on nicer guns are catered toward hair trigger, I don’t get it but it is what it is. I tried to adjust my FX triggers to single stage but need a stronger spring to make it more positive. I actually prefer some of the cheaper gun triggers over my Fx triggers. Been researching a bit on getting a stronger spring for my FX, they are way too light for my taste. 

Edit: there is also the shooting style difference between people. I don’t like squeezing the trigger slowly till the gun goes off as a surprise, that might work for fully locked in bench rig but that’s not my style. I want the gun to fire EXACTLY when I decide to so I want zero creep and break has to be exact and positive.

Rifles, pistols or it doesn't matter..?

Yeah, I have a bunch to choose from... In no particular order...except the number ONE

1. The electronic Day State triggers are the top of the list, no matter what the "experts" that have never shot one think.

- The Weihrauch HW100 Bull Pup has a very nice trigger.

- The much vaulted Taipan is nice, but, in my opinion, is near... the top, but not at the top ! I just bought one to find for myself what all of the hype is about them. Sorry, while yes, a nice gun, it's not at the top o-the heap. My trigger was terrible out of the box. Some time with an Alan wrench helped. And it's funny...many don't seem to like oiling their guns, , My Taipan was dripping with oil. Removing the side cover, literately dripping. I swapped the cocking lever to the left side too. That helped overall. And yes, oiling the trigger mechanism IS a good idea...

See my PM

Mike

The triggers on my AAA Evol 30 and Evol Mini 22 are superb. Didn't even need to adjust it out of the box.

The AAA triggers in my Slayer and Evol are two that I have not felt the need to polish or adjust. Fine pieces of engineering, they are. I have needed to lube and polish on every other trigger I own to make them either easier to pull, smoother and or to just break better. I haven't owned any of the other manufacturers listed by other's above.

my Anschutz 54 trigger...But let me say this,I am Totally surprised how good I got my Crosman 1701,1720T plus my Prod triggers to work.....I want a two stage trigger with plenty of adjustment.

For sure different circumstances would warrant different trigger pulls...and all should be safe.

I would also think a target pistol would need the best trigger of all.