Whats the best PCP .22 or .25 cal for hunting that can be hand pumped?

best is subjective ... general rule of thumb i would say is that if it doesnt have a bottle you can hand pump it reasonably easy, hunting isnt the same as paper punching .. you usually only need several shots and the most youll be pumping is sighting it in likely .. that said .25 is getting serious as far as energy, with i would say 50fpe being an mean average, but may be a bit much for around the house, really got to watch your backstops so you dont take sht out like your ac lol ... or the neighbors ac ...

I dont think many will second this, but Ive really been enjoying my Gamo Urban in .22. Not knowing if I would like airguns, I got it on Amazon and found a $50 pump to go with it. Plus scope and rings and a tin of pellets and I was out the door for around $425. Out to 35 yards its been a laser and its pretty easy to pump. I get around 20 shots from just over 3000psi down to about 1500psi, which keeps the shot to shot variation small and consistent and means I only need to put 30-40 pumps into it. I would recommend it as a starter if you arent sure youll like it. 

THAT BEING SAID:

Im already looking into upgrading to a higher end .25 and buying an air tank. Ill keep the Gamo and tune it down so its better for the backyard. But Ive got the bug so consider yourself warned XD

Like Dizzums said "Best is subjective" If I did not make my own years back out of the Crosman Co2 guns I would probly have jumped on the Benjamin P-rod. 

https://www.pyramydair.com/product/benjamin-marauder-pcp-air-pistol?m=2367

The Maximus is a full length single shot in case you want even less expensive. 

It has a fairly small cylinder for a rifle and operates at only 2000psi so is well suited for a hand pump.

https://www.crosman.com/product/benjamin-maximus-177

The Fortitude is much like a Maximus but a regulated repeater and can be used at 3000psi

https://www.pyramydair.com/product/benjamin-fortitude-gen-2-pcp-air-rifle-regulated?m=4569

Just because a gun is rated at a specific pressure does not mean you have to fill it all that way to that pressure. You can fill to lower pressures and just get a lower shot count. Although guns filling to 4300psi might not do so well if filled to only 2000psi.

Edit;

Sorry put the 2000psi fill in the wrong place it is for the Maximus. Fixed it. The Prod and Fortitude are both 3000psi fill guns.

Prod can be filled to 3000 but mine shoots best filled to 2500-2700 psi at it's current 18 fpe tune. I increased it's velocity so it would reliably shoot through a squirrel broadside, but just barely. Works great for backyard pesting. Easy to refill with a hand pump. I can shoot it all the way down to 1000 psi with a little downward POI shift. That would mean about 35 pumps to refill. More typically I refill at about 1500 for no POI change and it is 20 or 25 pumps. Very compact and light. Mine wears a Hawke Vantage 2-7 and a home made stock and weighs about 5 lbs. For short range, 25-30 yards or less I think about 20 fpe is fine. If you want to go longer, for game no tougher than a squirrel I recommend 14-15 fpe at contact. I shot them with less when I got the Prod but had a couple run off with what I think were solid hits. Since getting it up around 18 fpe they have consistently dropped.

I also have an Avenger in 25 caliber. It's current tune is about 45 fpe for a 25.4 grain or nearly 50 for a 33.95. It shoots through squirrels easily but that means I have to be careful about what is behind them. It doesn't make them any more dead than the Prod but is capable of doing it at longer range, both from a power and accuracy standpoint. The Avenger is regulated so the only effect of higher fill pressure is more shots. I hand pumped it to 4000 a few times but it is a lot of pumps (I counted 250 from empty). My current regulator setting is 2100 so a 3000 fill would give me enough shots for a limit of squirrels (10 in SC).

If all you want to kill is small game I don't think you need larger than a 22. Shot placement is more important than power. Most larger 22 rifles will put out over 30 fpe at the muzzle which should be plenty out to at least 50 yards. But you have to hit the vitals. If you don't, more power doesn't fix it. If you want the option to brain shoot a pig or to kill raccoons or other somewhat larger game, then I think the 25 is indicated. But you will be pumping more and getting fewer shots.

For hand pumping... I would pick a .177 

I find jsb monster RDs PLENTY capable at long ranges, real problem is finding a gun powerful enough for them. And really any pcp should be able to be hand charged. Just that .177 will use less air = less had pumping

I got a Beeman Chief Plus in .177 (Under $200) that with a little work is pushing the JSB Monsters to 980fps. It's even more accurate with the NSA 12.5's at 950.

Gauntlet 2 in .25 gets my vote. My first generation Gauntlet .25 fills easy with my $50 chinese hand pump and shoots straight. Like others have said, .25 caliber really makes the point when you hit something. I've only shot a few things with mine but they were all DRT (Dead Right There.) Watch videos on Gauntlet 2, which, if not out already, should be soon, priced at $400.

WM

Hatsan Flash .22 or .25. It comes with spare orings and valve seal.Has power and accuracy,Can order parts from Hatsan USA! A refurb can be bought from Hatsan USA for $199.99 get on the list to be notified when in stock.I had to fix a leak from the valve, but used parts that came with gun.The air cylinder was not installed correctly,but I saved $100 and have a gun that holds air,can hit a dime at 50yrds. A PCP will need work at some time and parts are very important to me!

For hand pumping... I would pick a .177 

I find jsb monster RDs PLENTY capable at long ranges, real problem is finding a gun powerful enough for them. And really any pcp should be able to be hand charged. Just that .177 will use less air = less had pumping

I got a Beeman Chief Plus in .177 (Under $200) that with a little work is pushing the JSB Monsters to 980fps. It's even more accurate with the NSA 12.5's at 950.

Well, shoot! That's impressive!