• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What's the best first pcp air rifle for hunting?

Mrod air airmax dominator is something I've been looking at. I have a .25 marauder that is great but a bit heavy. a gauntlet that is fine to except a bit long and heavy. The specs on the dominator are great for a hunting rifle. It's the same gun as the outlaw just way cheaper.

Gun Weight doesn't bother me too much. Other than weight, how does your marauder perform accuracy and power wise? The dominator looks a lot like the diana outlaw, are they the same gun?

I would absolutely put my kral puncher and 25 cal gauntlet up against any higher priced gun for accuracy. Cosmetics wise you get what you pay for. I should have stayed with a bullpup though, the gauntlet is a little big for my style of hunting. Manny where you out of?

Which Kral do you have? I've heard of the puncher pro and puncher breaker, is it any of those? And style of hunting do you do? I'm out of Southern California

Mrod air airmax dominator is something I've been looking at. I have a .25 marauder that is great but a bit heavy. a gauntlet that is fine to except a bit long and heavy. The specs on the dominator are great for a hunting rifle. It's the same gun as the outlaw just way cheaper.

Sorry i just realized that you already said that it's the same as the outlaw, so you can ignore my other reply lol. I did some research on the outlaw today and it's a new competitor. looks like a great rifle. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIgCDGgtO1U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-_ijjTG2N8

Just watched the videos that you sent and it's crazy that a rifle of this price can perform as good as or even better than any of the FX line if guns. I watched some other videos on it as well and someone in a comments section said that this gun has problems with leaking air. Has that ever happened to you?

American Tactical Nova Liberty in .22, regulated, lights out accurate, adjustable 60+ shots, side lever...+/- 280 Dollars

Sounds like an awesome gun, I'll forsure do some research on it. Does it come in .25?

Yes it can but not in the US only. 22" however guys have them up to 50ft lbs in. 22, shoots slugs well...

That's some impressive power for a .22. Slugs do interest me and are something that I definitely want to try in the future. That's a major plus

the AT44 was the better rifle straight out of the box.the mrods were ok but declining shot string dropped off real low beyond 16 shots.the AT44s had a good curve to the shot string over 18 shots.both are very capable of doing what you want.i like the side lever now over the Benjamin bolt the mags are simple on the AT44S.the hatsans are cheaper and shoot as good as the mrods.the QE AT44 is pretty quiet and the mrods are quiet also...the mrod has many aftermarket parts to hop it up,if you like to tinker on air rifles the mrod would be the way to go but if you ant to take it out sight it in and hunt with the rifle the AT44 would be the I would go if I had to do it all over again.then I buy the FX streamline and only use it so far this summer.

Good luck in your search. It’s s fun thing to figure out. Enjoy the journey. I hope to get there in about a year or so. I’ll either go outlaw or save my pennies and pop for the huntsman regal huma regulated in 22. My dream rifle. That thing is just gorgeous

Been researching the outlaw and it's become one of my top choices along with the at44s, marauder, and streamline. Think I might just save up for a good used streamline but still not 100% sure yet!