• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What’s the best dovetail to Weaver adapter?

I have a TX200 and also am looking for a high quality dovetail to pic adapter… I want to mount an ARKEN 4-16 on it…. I am also looking at the SWFA SS 12X but will do Sportsmatch dovetail mount if I go that option… I want the ARKEN with pic if I want to move it to my AR… I guess the UTG adapter would work but I kinda want something made better and high quality.

I have a TX200 and also am looking for a high quality dovetail to pic adapter… I want to mount an ARKEN 4-16 on it…. I am also looking at the SWFA SS 12X but will do Sportsmatch dovetail mount if I go that option… I want the ARKEN with pic if I want to move it to my AR… I guess the UTG adapter would work but I kinda want something made better and high quality.

I'm assuming you'd want a low profile mount in this case.

The lowest profile dovetail to picatinny adapter I found that still had an option of tensioning screws was made by Eagle Vision.

I just took a quick look on my phone & it appears they're still made & have options to also have a stop screw going into to rail of your TX200.

I have an old email from EV indicating the height of this rail. I can look it up later but it's probably a few years old so no guarantee it's the same product.

I'm assuming you'd want a low profile mount in this case.

The lowest profile dovetail to picatinny adapter I found that still had an option of tensioning screws was made by Eagle Vision.

I just took a quick look on my phone & it appears they're still made & have options to also have a stop screw going into to rail of your TX200.

I have an old email from EV indicating the height of this rail. I can look it up later but it's probably a few years old so no guarantee it's the same product.
Thanks buddy… I actually took a look at a that one and emailed them directly yeaterday. Their CEO named Masood emailed me back and stated that their adapter does not work for that application… ugh

Hawke Adjustable Scope Rail – with Dovetail-to-Picatinny Adaptor

Quality: Seems too cheap, but good report by K_sqrd on springers! Link below.*

Scope cant adjustm. in controlled steps.

18.7cm long (no. 22404)
13.7cm long (no. 22403)

Adds 0.6" to 0.9" height.

Around $30

100 MOA adjustable

Matthias

*Link:

18.7cm long (no. 22404)
13.7cm long (no. 22403)

Around $30

100 MOA adjustable

Matthias

*Link:
Duuuuuuuuude!!!! That’s literally what I’ve been looking for!!!!! I’ve been searching for days on this!!!!! I know Hawke is not like the best quality, but it’s metal, has a vertical stop, and is the right length for most scopes!!!! You ROCK!!

• Love
Reactions: JungleShooter

18.7cm long (no. 22404)
13.7cm long (no. 22403)

Around $30

100 MOA adjustable

Matthias

*Link:
I put one on a springer and it’s held up for several hundred rounds without any change in impact. The scope and rings were also Hawke. Quality is good and prices are reasonable. Of course it’s not a Leupold.

I put one on a springer and it’s held up for several hundred rounds without any change in impact. The scope and rings were also Hawke. Quality is good and prices are reasonable. Of course it’s not a Leupold.
If Leupold or Sportsmatch or even BKL made this adapter with the vertical stop pin, I would get them!!!!! But for now this will have to do.

Honestly, they all kinda suck in one way or another. Not trying to be a downer, but...

Suck. Mmmh.
Would you care to elaborate?
What is it that sucks?

▪︎ To me it "sucks" that most mounts are fairly high — so if I want to mount my scope really low on a bullpup, I have a hard time finding anything....

▪︎ It "sucks" when manufacturers/ sellers don't give us all the specs of a mount (when I assembled the PDF attached above it took waaaaay too long).

Matthias

Suck. Mmmh.
Would you care to elaborate?
What is it that sucks?

▪︎ To me it "sucks" that most mounts are fairly high — so if I want to mount my scope really low on a bullpup, I have a hard time finding anything....

▪︎ It "sucks" when manufacturers/ sellers don't give us all the specs of a mount (when I assembled the PDF attached above it took waaaaay too long).

Matthias
You covered a couple of em:

No exact dimensions published.

Too high.

Ends out of spec for standard picatinny spacing so you can't use them right next to each other.

Uselessly wide spots preventing some usecases.

Fastening screws with uselessly protruding heads.

The clip inserts oddly seem to work well, but have someproblems (the irregular spacing bit being the most obvious.)

Reactions: JungleShooter