What's the best $200 scope for backpack gun?

Hi All, 

What would be your top choices for a scope around $200 to put on a compact backpack gun (maybe something like a Leshiy)? 

I'd want it to be rugged obviously and able to take some abuse and be ready to just mount and go.

Is something with FFP or AO out of this price range? 

I'm pretty new to scopes and my last 3 have all been cheaper Hawkes. My current go to is a 2-7X32 AO Hawke Airmax, which I have on my FX Dream Tac Compact. 

Thanks

I use the gun as you describe and put a bugbuster on mine. At 10 ounces and shorter than the hinge it makes a lightweight pkg. The Discovery is almost double the weight with it's 30 mm tube. The gun does take some getting used too and added weight might benefit you. Some have spoke of amazing long distance shots, for myself-barrel-skill level it's a nice sub 50 yard gun. If you are smaller you might need offset rings for proper eye relief.

Personally, with it's long eye relief, I think the Burris 4.5-14 Timberline is the perfect Leshiy scope. Lightweight, clear and with the long eye relief the scope is able to be placed far enough forward to stay in front of the hinge and still get a comfortable cheek position.

1585573240_11635605185e81ed78683bb6.02062659.jpg

Not trying pee in anybody's wheaties but that scope on AoAs website doesn't have adjustable objective on it!!! Probably 100 yards parallax and not really suitable for airgun use... just a thought!

Another scope nobody ever talks about is the clearidge ultra RM 3-9×32.

Super light weight and bullet proof! I've had one on a HW80 for a couple years with no issues...

The Engage is a really nice scope... and for that price, hands down this would be my pick! Let us know what you get.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I ended up going with the Bushnell Engage that AOA had on sale for $139. Couldn't pass up that deal!

I'm also new to scopes and have two backpack guns. Buying affordable scopes at good prices has taught me a lot. Even if that scope ends up on another gun or sold at a small loss I'm sure you'll learn more about your needs in a scope.

However, I spent around a grand on scopes in six months and still haven't found my ideal $200 backpack scope. Hopefully you'll have a shorter journey than me, lol.

Not trying pee in anybody's wheaties but that scope on AoAs website doesn't have adjustable objective on it!!! Probably 100 yards parallax and not really suitable for airgun use... just a thought!

Another scope nobody ever talks about is the clearidge ultra RM 3-9×32.

Super light weight and bullet proof! I've had one on a HW80 for a couple years with no issues...

You are correct that it doesn't have (Front) Adjustable Objective, but why would you want that since it has SIDE Focus adjustment? The parallax is NOT 100yds. It is adjustable from 15yd to infinity.

The Engage is a really nice scope... and for that price, hands down this would be my pick! Let us know what you get.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I ended up going with the Bushnell Engage that AOA had on sale for $139. Couldn't pass up that deal!

I'm also new to scopes and have two backpack guns. Buying affordable scopes at good prices has taught me a lot. Even if that scope ends up on another gun or sold at a small loss I'm sure you'll learn more about your needs in a scope.

However, I spent around a grand on scopes in six months and still haven't found my ideal $200 backpack scope. Hopefully you'll have a shorter journey than me, lol.

Welp this is my 4th scope since around Christmas time so ... lol