Whats the actual benefit of the "FX true ballistics chronograph?"

For example, the Android version lacks the bullet database, session statistics, dope cards, and graphing tool. These features should be added to the Android app in a month or two. I would say that it's best to continue using the Android app to keep all data in one place.

Ok, thank you. My TBC is still "in the mail", but I will be looking forward to the updated Android app!

@fiske: Thanks for your insight in the matter!

The only question that is left unanswered is: at what ranges is the bullet speed ACTUALLY MEASURED to extrapolate the rest of the data?

It seems that all the pundits are constantly steering away from answering this as for the fear that it will take away the marketing speak that it "tracks the bullet in real time", which translates to many people into thinking that it is MEASURING the velocities (and deriving the BC from that) at ALL the ranges shown... (Which of course it is not doing at all...)

Hopefully you or somebody can finally spill the beans! (it really doesn't make it a worse product if it is out in the open, on the contrary!)

Reactions: JungleShooter
I've had a Labradar since they came out - pre-ordered and got mine well before they were generally available. Ignoring the triggering issues (particularly with airguns) the Labradar is/was pretty cool. BUT! It turns out that the BC calc just wasn't as useful as I expected. Sure, you get a number, and that number might be better (as in 'more correct') than the manufacturer's number, but at the end of the day - who cares? If you're going to shoot your rifle across the range, you're going to develop your own dope. Take the manufacturer's BC (or some other published BC) and that will get you one paper. After that, you're going to figure out where you are at any given range by collecting your own data. There's really not much point in refining an estimation before getting precise data. At least in my case, getting a more precise estimate meant nothing. It's kind a cool, but it's probably been at least three years since I tried to measure a BC, even though I have the capability. Around the time I bought the Labradar I'd have been all over the FX True Ballistic Chrono. Now, I'm not so excited. I have a Garmin - not the same beast, but it's the one I use because it's small enough to always have with me and it never misses a shot. That said, it only reports "muzzle" velocity and factors which can be calculated from that (energy, momentum / power factor).

Much respect to the designers, it's a cool tool, but I think it goes well into the realm of IIP ("Inconsequential Increments of Precision").

The usual disclaimers: I have no stake in any of these companies or their products. I don't even have a YouTube channel to pimp my opinions (solicited or not). If you have a strong preference for one, that's fine by me.

GsT