• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What's is most important to you besides accuracy?

Weight should be light as practical and balanced toward the rear. I'm old and have a bad back. Bullpup is best.
I'm a hunter and a plinker. Shot count for hunting: >20. Shot count for plinking and paper punching: >50.
Power adjustability is essential for tuning for accuracy with desired pellet....A MUST.
Cocking method: Side Lever.
Trigger should be match grade/adjustable....A MUST.
Magazine should be simple to load. I'm thinking of the FX Wildcat here.
Best to include a mechanism to prevent double-loading.
Must be able to de-cock the gun.
Must be regulated, but have the capability to bypass the regulator for full power shots when desired.
Must be able to shoot high BC slugs accurately when desired.

BeemanR7

Great post... accurate then that's followed by consistency,, the rifle or Bullpup must feel right for you,, one that feels good for me might not feel good for you,, you'll know it when you find it ...that one that just feels great to shoulder ,,great in the point of aim ,,a great trigger is nice maybe interchangeable calibers .smooth cocking lever and multi mag ps not a auto resetable trigger ,,

Weight & balance, yes.
Shot count does not matter to me, refill as need per application. Just so it has enough to do what it's used for I'm good, DAQ .458 got more than 1 shot but never needed. Nice to shoot a 60 shot match on a fill but not needed.
Power adjustment, never needed or like it ! Tune the specific airgun to task and leave it, I actually like "tuning" and tuned rigs.
Cocking method, it does need one, make no differenc3e to me, can cock a DAQ or an RAW or bolt action AA just fine.
Trigger goes with accuracy. With a TRULY bad/poor trigger you will not group, 4lb might be just fine as long as it is CRISP.
If using a mag and accuracy is the goal it must be an excellent design but as it works w/out needing a seating tool, there all good. Single shot airguns are fine.

Are you counting Fit in there with weight & balance? There is NO one size fit's all, fit is critical along with weight & balance.

Due to recent medical for me only accuracy and weight are it in that order. Otherwise I would want heavy ( steady ).

John

I'm a springer fan. Shot count is not relevant to me. Power adjustment is not relevant to me. I like under-lever and side-lever guns but a good break barrel can be a joy to carry for practical shooting. Trigger, yes very important. I'd say Accuracy goes with trigger or trigger goes with accuracy. With respect to magazines and springers, everyone I've ever seen was just butt ugly.

Now with respect to "Safety and Safety Location" ... That IS why I like Glocks but then this is an AG forum and nobody really cares what I think about Glocks so that's probably a good thing and I don't need to remind people that the most important safety you have is the one between your ears. ;)

Now on my PCPs (I do have a couple). Accuracy and trigger are first. Ten good shots preferably regulated are more than enough for my purposes. Weight and balance matters in hunting on any platform. I don't care if it has a magazine but then I'm basically a springer guy so ....

Good topic.

My idea air gun-- Huben, short overall with 24" barrel, whisper quiet, high shot count, high count magazine, 4500+ psi, 500+ cc titanium air tube/ bottle, light crisp adjustable trigger, built in spare magazine holder, gauges, same adjustments for regulator, air port and valve ect as Huben, scope and iron sights, balance, safe, good accessible safety, sling swivels, rails for lites, laser, bipod,etc. Adjustable from 12 to 60( or more) foot pounds muzzle energy, And those barrel shaped Huben slug/pellets. Most important RELIABILITY!!!