What’s going on with Pyramyd Air?

Hey all, just wondering why it’s taking ages for PA to even ship your order. It’s been 3 days since I ordered an AA S500 and it still says “we’re picking and packing your order” on the orders tab. I recently ordered a Benjamin Marauder on 5/11, 4 days before it was supposed to be back in stock at PA, but when 5/15 came around, the Marauders back in stock date jumped to 5/29, so I cancelled it, and now when I shelled out the extra money for an AA, I have to wait ages for my gun to even ship? I also read that PA doesn’t “allot” your items when you order it. Is that true? 

Thanks, PlinkForFun

Hey, feel good that they will even pick up the phone..!

I went to call Midway USA the other day...nothing. I've called other places too that either aren't picking up the phone or are saying, "no orders over the phone".

I got a Pyramyd Air order shipped in two days, about a week and a half ago. Not a huge order but, Sig Sauer, ASP and a few tins of pellets.

Mike

1589934485_18853283275ec47995e1cad4.88809286.png

yep, I had an order "thinned" where the order was confirmed less a back ordered item, then during the wait a couple of the "in stock" items turned into back order. That's not a good practice.

also, the in stock dates have changed. I don't see that as within their control as I'm sure they are experiencing moving delays.

good thing for me these issues are not wrecking my shooting sessions.

yep, I had an order "thinned" where the order was confirmed less a back ordered item, then during the wait a couple of the "in stock" items turned into back order. That's not a good practice.

also, the in stock dates have changed. I don't see that as within their control as I'm sure they are experiencing moving delays.

good thing for me these issues are not wrecking my shooting sessions.

PA's in stock dates have always been a moving target.

This is not a new pandemic based phenomenon

Standard procedure appears to be changing the date as the expected arrival day approaches.

Whether this is done intentionally in order to keep customers on the hook is anybody's guess.

IMO the slow response time during the crisis will eventually become the new normal, as businesses (not just PA) try to reap the benefits of having fewer employees

That will be the a major PITA for customers and a new REAL crisis for the workers

Boy will that stink

Just my 2 scents

Ed

I talked with Mike M at Flying Dragon Air Rifles this morning, he's been unbelievably busy this year, sold out his entire stock of .25 cal Sentry's, I ordered a .22 (702-5) this morning and it's already in transit ups scheduled for delivery on Thursday. He's amazing when it comes to shipping stuff out but I think he's also playing in a one man band so things in his situation are much different than PA and others not having to worry about social distancing in his business.

I cancelled an order with them at the beginning of may because items that were in-stock when I order were out of stock a few days later and then my order updated to about 3 weeks out. Phones don’t work as it said an “8 minute” wait for well over 30min then it auto hangs up. Emailing is the fastest way to get a hold of PA. I emailed one evening and the next morning I had a response and got my orders all ironed out. 👍🏽

Seems like all the big houses are short handed. I tried going through Airgun Depot with an order and they were almost a month out but had pretty good luck with Indiana Airguns. 

What's going on with Pyramyd? It's called a pandemic. I think we need to take a deep breath and realize what Pyramyd, and others, are dealing with. Their orders are at an all time high (6,000 unfulfilled last week), and they have to operate with a smaller staff that is working under slower procedures for safety. An air rifle that would normally ship the next day, is now about 15 days out. Exacerbating the issue, most of the European suppliers are shut down. I had a good discussion with the PA sales manager when I ordered a rifle a few weeks ago. They have added another warehouse shift, but given the constraints of current working requirements, together with sales volume, they can't push stuff out the door fast enough to fulfill orders as usual. The Christmas season is normally their high point for sales. Their current volume is six times Christmas! It's frustrating, but that's the current reality. Depending on how bad a second wave of this thing is in the fall and winter, things could get a lot worse. We need to be reasonable in our criticism of folks who are doing their best under challenging conditions.