What’s going on with Cyclops Videos and Joe W Rhea?

Yeah, stopped watching his video a while back. Even when he did scope only videos he testing methods are generic at best or not application focused at all which is only so useful to me. Good into/unboxing but not really great at all. Every application has its own important features, a disadvantage in one application is a feature for another.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHOMER and rsfrid
I sometimes watch the scope reviews by Joe Rhea on his YouTube channel but lately all I see on there are a bunch of videos like “Kanye deepfake #kanye #shorts” or “Arnold as Borat #shorts”. What the Hell?

I don’t get it.
A couple of things come to mind. I just googled him and the channel and got all the videos he puts out regarding scopes and the like, all in order as they were published. So I don't see a problem there. Alternatively, he could be using his channel to replay those Kanye videos because they get a lot of hits with the new gen folks. Thus he could be getting "paid" to re-show them on his channel. Also, it may be that one of those bot scammer types hijacked his videos and because you started watching his videos through their channel, you are bow seeing his content and their other content on their channel.

Edit to add, I don't see anything about Kanye anywhere.

Reactions: SHOMER and qball
A couple of things come to mind. I just googled him and the channel and got all the videos he puts out regarding scopes and the like, all in order as they were published. So I don't see a problem there. Alternatively, he could be using his channel to replay those Kanye videos because they get a lot of hits with the new gen folks. Thus he could be getting "paid" to re-show them on his channel. Also, it may be that one of those bot scammer types hijacked his videos and because you started watching his videos through their channel, you are bow seeing his content and their other content on their channel.

Edit to add, I don't see anything about Kanye anywhere.
I go to his channel on YouTube and they are right there!
1673407140926.png

I go to his channel on YouTube and they are right there!
View attachment 322042
I see what you are talking be about now. They are in the downloaded "Shorts" portion of his channel. It almost appears like they were inadvertently put there, but who knows. Maybe he did find a way to make up some hits 'advertising' Kanye through his Shorts channel. They are definitely not in his regular content. And I'm not poking on any them to watch so I get fed Kanye Shorts through a YouTube algorithm. Maybe try to clear your YouTube cookies and history. That way you should get rid of them being 'advertised' to you.

Screenshot_20230110-222341.png

Screenshot_20230110-222332.png

Hey guys . The lil short videos are being used on more and more channels because YouTube is pushing for it . I just now figured out how to make them without clogging up anyone’s subscriber feed . No my channel hasn’t been hacked , and it’s silly to do shorts in my opinion . But I rely on the ad revenue from YouTube to support my channel ( it ain’t cheap ) . I actually filmed a video about this very topic this week .

The shorts I do to appease YouTube . The videos I do because I love it

Last edited:
As far as the scope tests and videos being “ generic “ they are like that for a reason … folks can’t go to sporting good stores anymore to see all the stuff out there back to back . I film all my scope camera stuff with the same camera setup and as close to same conditions as I can so hopefully guys have as close to a way to view back to back images as possible . I just stepped away from doing Airgun videos because it felt like other channels pretty well nailed down anything I would be putting out ( and they are doing it better ) .

Joe... if YouTube is pushing shorts, just do a vid on yer willie. Should appease the algorithm for years to come.
In all seriousness... good to hear from you. Always enjoyed your humor, the reviews and your vids. Keep doing you, sir!

Hey guys . The lil short videos are being used on more and more channels because YouTube is pushing for it . I just now figured out how to make them without clogging up anyone’s subscriber feed . No my channel hasn’t been hacked , and it’s silly to do shorts in my opinion . But I rely on the ad revenue from YouTube to support my channel ( it ain’t cheap ) . I actually filmed a video about this very topic this week .

Well I am fine with it if you have figured out a way to not clog up my subscriber feed. I’ll go check it out and if I don’t get buried in them then I’ll resubscribe. I always kinda liked your scope videos