What's everyone use to fill their PcP's

Guys question I have this Kalibrgun Cricket 2 with 280cc fixed tank and holds 300 bar. Its currently sitting at 125 bar. How long should it take me to fill it up by hand pump? I bought this FOUR UNCLES High Pressure Hand Pump 4500 Psi PCP Hand Pump PCP Air Rifle on Amazon. Should be here in the next couple of days.

Do I need to put some sort of water separation filter on these hand pumps? I hear about this on the compressors and some of the fancier more expensive hand pumps have them.

Last edited:
A Shoebox is a small booster style compressor that was made, I believe, in Texas. It's about the size of a shoe box, thus the name (I'm guessing).
They have since been pushed out of business due to the less expensive compressors from overseas. That makes it tough to get parts now. Thus, my statement about anything major going awry, it's gonna be trouble fixing as parts are tough to find. There are some parts available, but not all.
Relatively easy to rebuild however for general maintenance. A shame that they are no longer available.
mike

Reactions: FIDI_G
Just got my first hand pump and I'm already sweating 10 minutes in. My triceps are on fire. 175 bar and another 125 to go. I have a feeling I'm gonna be pretty sore tomorrow lol. Man who needs exercise? My arms, core and back are getting a great workout. In guessing It will take me another 30 minutes to finish up. Wish I would have pumped before I took my shower.

Just got my first hand pump and I'm already sweating 10 minutes in. My triceps are on fire. 175 bar and another 125 to go. I have a feeling I'm gonna be pretty sore tomorrow lol. Man who needs exercise? My arms, core and back are getting a great workout. In guessing It will take me another 30 minutes to finish up. Wish I would have pumped before I took my shower.
Is it a 3 or 4 stage pump? 4 stage makes it easier. Pump slow and rest at the top and bottom of the stroke for better efficiency. I'll admit to being a big guy at 6'1 and 235lbs but I don't find it strenuous. I've had a lot of practice too.

I started out with a Hill pump but like they say, it got old real quick. I currently have 5 SCBA tanks. 2 Great White 97cu.ft tanks set up in a Joe B cascade fill system, 1 Guppy tank, and 2 out-of-date Scott (40-minute, I think) SCBA tanks that were given to me. No compressors. I get them filled at my local dive shop for $3.50 from 0-4500 PSI or 3000-4500 PSI.

Drive time is like 5 minutes from home. I can also have them filled while I wait but I usually leave it with them for 3 hours so they can top it off. They're very accommodating. I also have a second dive shop I can go to that charges the same but it's a 10-minute drive. At this point in time, it doesn't make sense to purchase an HP compressor but if I were going to, I would definitely get an Alkin.

Last edited:
I haven't touched a hand pump for around 9 months now. 5 different pcps 65cc to 400cc. One is my stepson airhog . Well worth the 180 bucks for me.

20230226_141948.jpg

I got tired of the hand pumps and just invested in compressors because there's no scuba shops near me. I have a few but lately I've been using the cordless gx pump from Amazon that I modified to use Dewalt batteries, it's been working great despite having dropped it multiple times. It's also very portable which makes it my go to compressor.
How did you modify to use dewalt batteries? Sounds awesome

How did you modify to use dewalt batteries? Sounds awesome
With this handy little adapter from Amazon, I don't think the one i bought had a fuze because i dont remember using it and I didn't use the switch either but that's all up to the user. Works great for me especially with flexvolt batteries, I can't really say if it's better than the supplied battery because i never used it and i already own a lot of dewalt batteries so its just more convenient. I'm sure you can do the same with other brands as long as they are 18v batteries.

Screenshot_20230306_164745_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Also just some info on my experience with the GX compressor, I dropped this compressor (brand new) off of a 36 inch wheel and proceeded to run it over with my jeep on pavement, not completely over but it was wedged in the wheel for a few feet until realized what the sound was 🥲 only some light repair work was needed but nothing major still worked like a champ and also recently dropped it in some muddy rain water and it's still pumping strong after probably 5 to 6 hours on it.