What's everyone use to fill their PcP's

I"m new so just curious what everyone is using. Does everyone use a compressor, SCBA tank, AND or hand pump? I would suspect a combination of the three.

I bought a used broken down Yong Heng that I plan on getting it back to working order and waiting on the slow boat to deliver some parts, so in the mean time I bought a pump off amazon to keep my fix going and I keep an eye out on a used SCBA tank on Facebook Market Place and Ebay.

Reactions: mb94952
I"m new so just curious what everyone is using. Does everyone use a compressor, SCBA tank, AND or hand pump? I would suspect a combination of the three.

I bought a used broken down Yong Heng that I plan on getting it back to working order and waiting on the slow boat to deliver some parts, so in the mean time I bought a pump off amazon to keep my fix going and I keep an eye out on a used SCBA tank on Facebook Market Place and Ebay.

i have one big and one smaller scba tanks.

devilbook and ebay all want too much for tanks IMO.

go around to all your local firestations,
ask them if they are getting rid of any scba tanks.
ive got tanks from 50 bucks all the way down to free,
and they can fill them also.

then all you need is one of the ebay cga347 fill systems for less than $50 and youre good to go.

I got tired of the hand pumps and just invested in compressors because there's no scuba shops near me. I have a few but lately I've been using the cordless gx pump from Amazon that I modified to use Dewalt batteries, it's been working great despite having dropped it multiple times. It's also very portable which makes it my go to compressor.

I hand pump and luckily have a couple options for scba fills. Everyone hates hand pumping but I don’t think it is bad at all. I guess the biggest concern is water in the gun so I try to do it more this time of year vs summer. I just received a mav compact with 300 cc bottle with 100 bar in it. I pumped it to 250 bar. Really wasn’t that bad. Had two scba bottles but just wanted to see how bad it would be.

Trying to stick with my old Shoebox. Been pretty dependable, but when something major goes, it'll need replacement....however, I DO have a back up Shoebox to tide me over if something easy goes awry.
I simply shoot my two 88 CF tanks down to around 3,600PSI and pump them back up to 4,400PSI. Takes about an hour each tank to do that and I only use the Box when humidity is in the 20-30% range even though I have a desiccant filter on it from Brancato.
mike

Reactions: Skydivingmiami
Trying to stick with my old Shoebox. Been pretty dependable, but when something major goes, it'll need replacement....however, I DO have a back up Shoebox to tide me over if something easy goes awry.
I simply shoot my two 88 CF tanks down to around 3,600PSI and pump them back up to 4,400PSI. Takes about an hour each tank to do that and I only use the Box when humidity is in the 20-30% range even though I have a desiccant filter on it from Brancato.
mike
What's a shoe box?