• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What's everyone thinking of the Western Airguns Sidewinder?

I have a Sidewinder in .22. I had an LCS in .22 and sold it to get the Sidewinder, mainly because of the removable magazine.

I have an affinity for semi auto’s and like the option of full auto, but don’t use this feature much.

While I very much liked the LCS and never had a problem or leaks, loading it, was cumbersome, especially having to make sure all the pellets are seated so it does not jam.

The build quality of the Sidewinder is outstanding and definitely better, more solid than the LCS. However the LCS was not shabby. Loading the magazine is very easy and very similar to the Leshiy 2 magazine with the magnetic cover. Holding the magazine feels like a fine piece of jewelry. Mine is very accurate. I have it tuned with 25 gr FX or JSBs. I have the same POI at 25 and 50 yards without holdovers.

The trigger is not an FX trigger but after getting used to it I am still accurate with it. To me it does feel better the the LCS, but I do not have both for side to side comparison.

I am shooting it way more than LCS.

Note- the butt pads/plates are interchangeable with the LCS, so the K&L but pad will fit the Sidewinder.

I had butt pad made for me with a built in monopod (ace threads). See pics.

“plinker4life” here on AGN was kind enough to design and make this for me. It will fit the both the Sidewinder and the LCS. Do not know about the Rattler. This makes benching easier for me.

I am lucky enough to have Leshiy 2 and FX Impact. The Sidewinder definitely a keeper for me.

View attachment C8A9AD72-7387-49C0-9476-ECEB13FFAF21.heic

View attachment 1D59AB9E-CB7C-4D03-BE94-45724189079B.heic

View attachment EEB25356-6194-4F1E-9A86-0EE895F70996.heic

I'm really liking these hammerless designed airguns and if it's made in the USA that gets bonus points for me. Is it made here ?

Does anyone know where Huban is made ?

It's amazing there's no blow by on the ammo cylinder. That's an extremely small tolerance . It's an amazing time to be an airgunner.
The Sidewinder says: "made in the USA from local and imported parts" ..... Or something with the same meaning.

I think that if you looking .30 cal is probably the only one to go with in the Semis line ups,
....in .22 ?
I don't know but the Huben really needs to be looked into in the smaller calibers, you hardly ever hear anyone complaining about Huben.
The .30 is nice but you only get 150 rounds for the price of 500 rounds in .22. And I don't think the .22 is under powered for the pesting I do. I live out of town and have no problem grabbing one of many .22lr for larger pests. And you know what a .177 is capable of . Ive dropped large grey diggers with a .22 cal 12 fpe prod. Right in the brain pan. The Huben or the Sidewinder puts out some serious power in .22 . And to enjoy the semi auto I would need cheap ammo .

The .30 is nice but you only get 150 rounds for the price of 500 rounds in .22. And I don't think the .22 is under powered for the pesting I do. I live out of town and have no problem grabbing one of many .22lr for larger pests. And you know what a .177 is capable of . Ive dropped large grey diggers with a .22 cal 12 fpe prod. Right in the brain pan. The Huben or the Sidewinder puts out some serious power in .22 . And to enjoy the semi auto I would need cheap ammo .
I've had several Semi-auto airguns and always got bored before not to long,

I would personally get the .30 just for the hunting capabilities but I wouldn't shoot it more then I do my Sidelevers,.....just something nice to have but I would not use it for fun,....rather use my Tangfolio CO2 :LOL:

I have a Sidewinder in .22. I had an LCS in .22 and sold it to get the Sidewinder, mainly because of the removable magazine.

I have an affinity for semi auto’s and like the option of full auto, but don’t use this feature much.

While I very much liked the LCS and never had a problem or leaks, loading it, was cumbersome, especially having to make sure all the pellets are seated so it does not jam.

The build quality of the Sidewinder is outstanding and definitely better, more solid than the LCS. However the LCS was not shabby. Loading the magazine is very easy and very similar to the Leshiy 2 magazine with the magnetic cover. Holding the magazine feels like a fine piece of jewelry. Mine is very accurate. I have it tuned with 25 gr FX or JSBs. I have the same POI at 25 and 50 yards without holdovers.

The trigger is not an FX trigger but after getting used to it I am still accurate with it. To me it does feel better the the LCS, but I do not have both for side to side comparison.

I am shooting it way more than LCS.

Note- the butt pads/plates are interchangeable with the LCS, so the K&L but pad will fit the Sidewinder.

I had butt pad made for me with a built in monopod (ace threads). See pics.

“plinker4life” here on AGN was kind enough to design and make this for me. It will fit the both the Sidewinder and the LCS. Do not know about the Rattler. This makes benching easier for me.

I am lucky enough to have Leshiy 2 and FX Impact. The Sidewinder definitely a keeper for me.

View attachment 351960

View attachment 351961

View attachment 351962

I'm hoping you can provide some insight comparing the Leshiy 2 to the Sidewinder - both in .22. I am tryin to replicate my AR for offhand practice - and since you have both, I was wondering if you could provide some comparisons, or recommendation?
Thanks