• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Whats better than a Titan?

Having 2 Titans to compare for uniform quality and see how it stacks up to the Athlon Ares BTR its replacing.

And how well it compares to the Nexus I bought 6 weeks ago.
1595375413_14881856495f177f35992b90.11898752.jpg

First, please note that I am a novice and do not profess to be an authority on anything airgun related.

The shipping box in the pic shows where I was able to acquire these hard to get Element scopes. Most already know the Nexus !has been out for a while and is building a pretty darn good reputation for being the flagship model of newly formed Optics Co. Upon initial inspection I could not find any difference in finish, lense quality, and mechanics of the 2 Titans, both have identical dirty mil reticles. Both had their elevation turrets set at the bottom the range at (0). Both had plastic tied quality control tags stamped by the same QC person and their serial numbers were in sequence. This Titan with its 34mm tube, 56mm objective lense and proportional sized turrets is a beast, feels like a near pound heavier than the Nexus. Turrets were very audible and clicks pretty defined, slight but noticeably better than the Ares BTR but clearly not in the class of Nexus. There is a little mushiness btw clicks, might try some slicker lube later, feels like oring drag. Tracking is spot on an it was easy to sight in quickly. The reticle is finer and sharper than that of the Ares BTR and fairly identical to the Nexus. Which making switching guns easier to use. One only difference is the parallax adjusts in the opposite direction, its minimum being 15m, versus then Athlons 25m and Nexus 10m. Overall initial impressions makes me a happy camper and can't see anybody being unsatisfied with this scope, other than the weight factor!

I am on the fence between the Element Titan and the Vector Optics 34mm Continental 5-30x56FFP scope which is the other scope I am thinking of buying. I think this is a very new scope only recently released. It sells for $799 has 1/10 MIL Total 28 MIL, Zero Stop & Turret Lock, Edge to Edge image, constant 4" eye relief, first focal plane optics, extra low dispersion lens, 34mm monotube, 6 levels of illumination, Min 10 Yards Parallax, >90% transmission, their only scope that uses German Schott ED HD Glass, 26 MIL elevation range, center Dot illuminated with digital lines/dots, Take Lupua Magnum 338 recoil, IPX6 waterproof,and comes with lens cover & rings.

This scope seems to have the edge over the Element Titan 34mm 5-25x56FFP that sells for the exact same price? I want a scope that can go down to 10 yards and have magnification at least to 25 or more that is FFP with a budget of around $800. I am hoping Joe/Cyclops makes a review as I am on the fence between the Titan and the 34mm Continental 5-30x56FFP. https://www.vectoroptics.com/products/view/id/SCFF-31.html I know one person on Airgun Nation whom just purchased it and reported that he would post a review once he is able to test it out. I know scopes keep upping their game but I want to get some feedback on this new Vector Optics which seems like their top of the line scope before i decide... It is good to know you are satisfied with it as the Titan is still in the running for me but Vortex being a manufacturer and direct seller makes me pause to wait as it seems to have a bit more on paper but only time will tell...

I am on the fence between the Element Titan and the Vector Optics 34mm Continental 5-30x56FFP scope which is the other scope I am thinking of buying. I think this is a very new scope only recently released. It sells for $799 has 1/10 MIL Total 28 MIL, Zero Stop & Turret Lock, Edge to Edge image, constant 4" eye relief, first focal plane optics, extra low dispersion lens, 34mm monotube, 6 levels of illumination, Min 10 Yards Parallax, >90% transmission, their only scope that uses German Schott ED HD Glass, 26 MIL elevation range, center Dot illuminated with digital lines/dots, Take Lupua Magnum 338 recoil, IPX6 waterproof,and comes with lens cover & rings.

This scope seems to have the edge over the Element Titan 34mm 5-25x56FFP that sells for the exact same price? I want a scope that can go down to 10 yards and have magnification at least to 25 or more that is FFP with a budget of around $800. I am hoping Joe/Cyclops makes a review as I am on the fence between the Titan and the 34mm Continental 5-30x56FFP. https://www.vectoroptics.com/products/view/id/SCFF-31.html I know one person on Airgun Nation whom just purchased it and reported that he would post a review once he is able to test it out. I know scopes keep upping their game but I want to get some feedback on this new Vector Optics which seems like their top of the line scope before i decide... It is good to know you are satisfied with it as the Titan is still in the running for me but Vortex being a manufacturer and direct seller makes me pause to wait as it seems to have a bit more on paper but only time will tell...

If it helps the vector doesn't appear to use schott glass, rather their own glass ground and polished using 'German technology' and designed and assembled in a manner similar to German optics systems.

Doesn't mean the glass won't be good but it's pretty grey marketing.

I'll be interested to hear how the Titan optics compare to your Nexus and Athlon overall and what you're giving up optically with the step down.

Especially since the lower level element scope is the one with ED glass so I've been wondering if the level of CA at least could be one advantage to the Titan. Although what you gain there I'm guessing will be lost in contrast, resolution, fov, distortion etc? 

If it helps the vector doesn't appear to use schott glass, rather their own glass ground and polished using 'German technology' and designed and assembled in a manner similar to German optics systems.

Doesn't mean the glass won't be good but it's pretty grey marketing.

Marcos,

$529 from Aliexpress. Up to you if saving $270 is worth 6 weeks to 2 months of wait shipping from Aliexpress China.

Or take a chance for $399-10% off Airguns Optics Plus Discovery HD FFP 5-30x56 34mm IR-MIL. 

Too bad if you can handle 30 yard minimum there's the JAPAN (LOW FACTORY) Sightmark Pinnacle FFP 34mm 5-30x50 $1289 Optics Planet or $799 Amazon + $5 shipping. Maybe a baby Athlon Cronus or Delta Stryker or Nightforce or Vortex Razor or MARCH(YEA RIGHT!)? Has to be AT LEAST CLEARER than the 30mm $599 (SWFA on sale) $1352.95 retail $819.99 Optics Planet Amazon $948.32 MIDWAYUSA $979 BUSHNELL TAC 4.5-30x50 30mm. 

My mistake - seems most sites do in fact state Schott outright rather than just German optical system or some such.

Got to wonder what grade that glass is (not all Schott glass is equal) and what processes happen where at that price point though. 

Vector generally isn't a bad company overall though so it will probably be a good scope for the money. Don't expect the view of a tract toric though, let alone a European scope.

Now, back to the Titan...

Hey YO!

Just so YO! know, the Veyron scope (in another thread) lenses are made in China. Inquiry/answer below

"Thank you for reaching out to us. We have reviewed your query regarding Veyron 4-16x44FFP Riflescope and have responded to your question. Please feel free to get in touch with us anytime.
Here are the details of your query:
Where are the optic lenses manufactured please?
Hi,
The lenses of Veyron 4-16x44 are made in China.
But it's of good quality
Cheers,
Vector Optics Online Store"