What's better a Daisey model 25 or a Red Ryder?

I had the 25,it was more powerful and I liked the cocking action, never had the Red Ryder.
What do you like better Don Henley,"Boys of Summer" or Eddie Money,"Can't go Back"?
I asked that because I get nosaleck and think about all the land there Was to shoot and ride dirt bikes....I know I can't go back, but wait!! you can still buy the model 25 or the Daisey Red Ryder.....oh yea.

I have both as well a as Crosman 500. Got to love Co2 and BB'S. My 25 was built the same year as my birth,1958. Looking to hotrod it as well as upgrade to wood furniture. Just looked at cobalt327 listings, lots of good stuff.

tim
Cobalt is the guy to give the Daisy a supe up.

Reactions: Hw9720
Hopped up BB gun’s lol! Imagine how cool it would have been to be the kid with a hopped up bb gun.
Mine is always at the back door ready to go into action driving the deer away from the bird feeder. The deer get used to the shot in the rump and they just walk a little way and look back. Even more effective is shooting a piece of tin that hangs by the bird feeder, they hate the noise.
Remember the satisfaction of filling the gun as full as possible and then heading out for adventure? I loved the weight and the sound of the bbs in the tube.
Many hours of grasshopper hunting, and also some awesome BB gun wars with friends lol! Magic days with seemingly no end.

48E2E13C-6B49-4789-A8E8-BDA7E8950FE1.jpeg

Never owned a M25 but Ha, those BB gun wars were probably the reason Daisy reduced the power. After all boys will be boys.

There was a kid that was blinded in one eye because he shot his BB gun into a screen and the BB came back. I was probably 7 when this happened and previous to when I got my Fieldmaster.

IIRC back in 68 my Daisy Fieldmaster BB gun would put a hole in a tin can(thicker gauge back then) which I'm pretty sure a current RR wouldn't do. If I had been caught shooting at another kid it would have resulted in a sore ass, restriction, and no BB gun to shoot anymore.

I still have this weird fantasy of having a super well made and powerful PCP BB gun except made for lead BB's?!

Never owned a M25 but Ha, those BB gun wars were probably the reason Daisy reduced the power. After all boys will be boys.

There was a kid that was blinded in one eye because he shot his BB gun into a screen and the BB came back. I was probably 7 when this happened and previous to when I got my Fieldmaster.

IIRC back in 68 my Daisy Fieldmaster BB gun would put a hole in a tin can(thicker gauge back then) which I'm pretty sure a current RR wouldn't do. If I had been caught shooting at another kid it would have resulted in a sore ass, restriction, and no BB gun to shoot anymore.

I still have this weird fantasy of having a super well made and powerful PCP BB gun except made for lead BB's?!
We all agreed to below the waist in the wars lol! My dad definitely would have pounded us and taken away the guns, it was very important to not get caught.
A super well made powerful BB gun would be popular I’m guessing, I’d get one!

I just ordered some "hop up " parts from him,I am going for 1" groups at 10 yards.I got the newer Daisy 499, accurate for what it is,I am going for a multi-shot Cheap easy fun.
I can always use tips on hopping these BB guns up.
Your going to have to experiment with precision ball bearings now , finding just the right one .

Reactions: boscoebrea
Looks like fun no matter the one you choose . I mean heck dont $50 near get you both? ( My bad but there listed in the huge holiday sale 25 kit, youth rr and adult rr)

With a vid of shooting fun

Reactions: boscoebrea
I have third option, the HW30. Everyone should own one. Fun, accurate and easy to shoot. German heirloom quality pellet chucker. Hitting tin cans at 50 yards is easy. More fun than a barrel of monkeys.

To me the repeater aspect is the fun part with BB guns.
But yes, different strokes for different folks so I can't criticize you for liking what you personally do.

My favorite so far was a C02 AR type which had a large reserve of bb's and a integral mag system. All you had to do was pull and lock back the mag spring system then shake the gun until 30 or so bb's filled the mag. It was a VERY fun gun until it "broke". Which is the problem I've had with most of the BB guns I bought.

It'd be nice if BB guns were as precise as many springers are but I don't think most of us expect them to be. On the other side of the coin there are many pcp's that make springers seem......
Heck I was raised with Diana springers as far back as half a century ago.

Seem......
These might be considered such. Topmost is a 5 shot 6 fpe Steyr LGB1 biathlon type trainer(non semiauto) repeater and bottom is a 30 fpe Steyr ProX 22 cal semiauto 10 shot repeater. Both super fun, precise, and unique repeaters. Yesterday I spent hours plinking on steel with these and some others. This is something I need to do more often because I had forgotten how much fun it is just to plink and plink and plink and....!!!!!!
20221204_134238.jpg

But neverthless I'd love a high quality version of that previously described AR except having a good trigger, more power, also using lead bb's, TONS of shots easily available like it did, and being pcp.
I'd pay good money for it just because of the fun factor it'd provide.

BB guns are after all BB guns, sure not for accuracy or power, but for FUN.
Just ordered the Thompson Machine Gun copy,yes a BB gun, but then I just ordered the Crosman 2021 PCP target pellet rifle,
I did that because I like to get a lot of shots between fillings.
My yard range is 33 yards,so do not need a powerful air rifle, though I do have some.
I did the BB gun post because I never grew up and enjoy shooting them.
Can say the same thing about replica air guns, enjoy the feel and nostalgia of them.
Also things were getting heated here on some of the posts,to me they were instigating;so I thought, aren't most people into air guns because they are FUN?
I can have fun with a $49 BBgun and hop it up for another $20....not to open a can of worms but BBs ,LOL.

Reactions: steve123