• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What's a good backpack PCP?and backpack?

If you ride with a PCP in the saddle bags or on the back of a bike, You better put blue lock tight on every screw,
If you ride a Harley I would use red, LOL.
I have rode thousands of miles for over 50 years with a pellet pistol in my bags, I even put super glue on my old Benjamin pump pistol pins.
After 30 years of target shooting I sent the 177 pump Pistol in to get the seals replaced, I called and the guy, He said its going to be 225,00 dollars
He said the dam pins were hard as hell to get out, It was a Benjamin factory repair shop, I said you can just keep the gun at that price,
I regret that....
Mike 

"amoxom"Smaug, there a lot of myths about the Mutants. This is a 2016 year STD stock selected by Tony at Talon Tunes, and the wood is spectacular. It is bar none, the best airgun I have ever owned. In the COVRT pack, it is also inconspicuous, and great in the field.
I share the opinion that the Mutant is the best 22 bullpup available but it is no myth that their stocks suck.

it isn't just the cheap wood they use (and it is cheap wood). They are poorly machined and finished. This is particularly true for the inletting. All of the Shorty inlets are not cut straight. I'm on my 3rd Mutant stock before I was told they are all like that. I haven't checked out the standard stock's inletting but my money would be on them being no better.

I feel the need to add that WIldWest bent over backward to find one I could live with. They really went above and beyond to make sure I had a good experience but they can only send what they have.

Anyone who is particular about stocks or wood should plan on ordering an aftermarket one from that Michal Osyda guy. as long as you know that ahead of time, there is no reason to be disappointed. 

After two brown ones, I switched to the black stock which had a slightly nicer feel to it. The black one is easier to live with as I really don't like cheap wood.

I guess it it depends on what you are used to. Any wood fans who put nicely figured walnut stocks on their others guns will see straight away that the Mutant stock is not a quality piece.

i would have returned my Mutant after seeing the 2nd stock but I just love that thing too much. If any gun deserves a nice custom piece with figured walnut then it's the Mutant. 

I have made 3 carbon fiber / fiberglass stocks for my Mutant so far and I have plans to try my hand at a custom wood one too. 

Just to illustrate the point about what I consider to be fairly nice wood stocks for a Mutant, check out these pics that Michal Osyda sent me. It's not the finest grades of figured Walnut or the Kamagong stocks that Ernest posted but, even in the pics, you can see that the wood is in a different league to the factory Mutant stocks[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]:[/color] 

You hardly ever see genuinely nice wood like that on factory airgun stocks. I would rather have no wood than ugly wood. If air guns came with wood stocks like these, I may never choose the synthetic option again. Apart from some of the top Daystate models, you usually have to go aftermarket to get good wood (I wish that didn't sound so wrong). 

A Harley sort of but more of a hybrid,a Buell xb12Ss.Those bikes are hard to beat for their low-end and midrange power plus I can service the bike and change the brakes front and rear all in less than 30 minutes.:)
My bike does have a good ole Harley vibration going on soo I may just consider the lock tight idea.

I was responding to Iride about lock tight but it just didn't post in the manner I thought it would.:)

Want compact? Take a look at the Ataman M2R, looks quite nice. The build quality on these Russians is quite good. The trigger is the only downside on these things. Not really two-stage with a clear crisp break. But if that's not an important criterium for you, you might consider this ultra-compact. I have a 5.11 Rush-24 (or 12 if you want smaller) backpack that I use for small one-day trips. Excellent backpacks. Not cheap, but these things can withstand basically anything. Mine has been through war (literally!) and back, and it still looks like it was bought yesterday.

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Ataman_M2R_Carbine_Ultra_Compact_Air_Rifle_Black/3847
http://www.511tactical.com/rush-24-backpack.html

My KSG fits in a tennis racket bag. Its 30 inch length makes it sit at a slight angle. I've been liking this as an upgrade.

I have to think that your Gladius would be right at home here. Its on my shortlist of PCP bullpups and is one of the major reasons I'm shopping for tote solutions.

BTW, I prefer bare bones bikes but think off body carry would be a challenge on your Buell or my Hypermotard, I run rearset rider pegs with passenger pegs removed but if your Buell is stock, you might use compression straps and passenger pegs as lower stop. 

I have Ugly Suzy (DL650 V-Strom) for lugging stuff. I can fit the tennis racket/bullpup case on the backside of the left side saddlebag bracket. 

Yeah have considered the Hatsan atp2 but it's velocity in all calibers seems low to me.
Unless Bwalton could work some magic on one and get its power up .
I've pretty much decided on a Talon p with a microlite bullpup kit.im looking at about 650$ investment for a .25 caliber and 50 fpe.
I do like the Hatsans and may contact Bwalton and see what he can do with one in .25.
I have even consider a marauder pistol but it's in the same boat as the p2 low power and velocity..
I'm still researching and considering my options atm.:)

OP was interested in carrying a rifle on a smaller motorcycle. Here is what works for me....and doesnt. 

Here is my $25.00 on sale racket bag. Clandestine transport is its forte.

Here is my KSG in the bag. Protection is minimal but it accommodates the 27 inch shotgun plus the recoil pad and weapon light and still has room for a large scope.

Here is the bag tucked inside of luggage mount where it is normally strapped while traveling to and from range.

This bike is closer in size to the Buell. No way I can find a safe and comfortable way to carry it on my Hypermotard; not without ugly-fy-cation anyway. As I said earlier, passenger peg (removed from Hyper) could be used for bottom rest on the Buell. Straps could cinch upper bag to frame...maybe