Whatever Happend with Teds FX Wildcat Review?

Ok, whats the deal with this gun? TEDSHOLDOVER is Holding out on us. So is AOA. i'm starting to think this gun might be a bust, with only a $1200 price tag."In my sarcastic voice" I mean C'mon ted u unboxed the thing over a month ago lol. and said u were doing the editing. If AOA wants to start sending me the newest and best product's i'll go buy the camera equipment. And have video's up ASAP! I was hoping to buy the impact before i retired but guess thats not gonna happend, since i retired last week. .

"chev385"Ok, whats the deal with this gun? TEDSHOLDOVER is Holding out on us. So is AOA. i'm starting to think this gun might be a bust, with only a $1200 price tag. I mean C'mon ted u unboxed the thing over a month ago. and said u were doing the editing. If AOA wants to start sending me the newest and best product's i'll go buy the camera equipment. And have video's up ASAP! I was hoping to buy the impact before i retired but guess thats not gonna happend.
There are probably more polite ways of asking when a review is coming out. These guys do not work for you or any of us. They mostly do it as a hobby. Cut a little slack and just enjoy the community here. 

Reactions: ztirffritz
ok ted dont work for us. He works for himself and he gets paid to do so. which is great for him he gets paid to do something he loves to do. but AOA is a buisiness who makes video's of there new products, to sell to hobbiest like me. and to keep themselves in the green. not out of the kindness of there heart. but as advertising, very cheap advertising at that. i spent nearly $7k last year on the "hobby" and not any of my buy's were site unseen. or from talk. but from real world reviews. i hate to ask anyone for anything but when YOU advertise to your fan's who supported all your channels. And or constantly make up new release date's on products " AOA." I'm gonna ask a real world question in a timely manner. So Ben10 i wasn't trying to bash anybody. but i would like to know whats up? Don't say your going to do something and then not do it.

Im kinda there with chev385, but in a kinder and gentler way. Ted works for Ted. But we who supported him by watching him from early on and emailing links to his site to all our friends helped him to be the success that he is. I just feel a little let down by the lack of new Ted vids. The complaints of lack of vids are a complement to the quality that is missed and no longer available. Heck, last time I checked he was not even on the member map and he owns the place. We, his audience buy from his advertisers who do send $ to Ted. While I do like this site and it is my primary site, I have gone elsewhere for air gun vids.

Hey guys!! I love watching Ted's reviews and hunting videos just as much as the next guy. Ted also showed me the world of PCPs, but there are plenty of others here with great knowledge of airguns including some that have posted reviews and video. Here are some of the post I have sorted through.

http://airgunnation.dev/topic/a-review-of-the-25-fx-wildcat/

also check out this guy he has a lot of good videos target shooting the wildcat.

http://airgunnation.dev/topic/just-playing-around-with-my-fx-wildcat-and-thought-id-share-a-quick-video/

"nvelkhunter"Can a shooter cock the Wildcat with shooting hand without removing shooting hand from grip? Saw video of shooter cocking FX Impact this way but all the videos I've seen of the Wildcat shooters release their grip, cocks and then repositions shooting hand on grip.
No.
The only rifle I can cock without removing my shooting hand from the grip is the Steyr hunter 5. Any else out there besides the automatic versions of course (Like the Huben)?

Hello,
i am choosing now a certain time for a new pcp and i was thinking all the time but i dont know it yet so i just joined this forum 3 days ago to hear about other people thoughts and opinions. My guns of choice are the Kalibr Cricket in .22 and the FX Wildcat also in .22 i have heard that it are both very good guns but can somebody tell me which one is the accurest at about 100 yards.

cricketlover As far as accuracy goes, you have a LW barrel on the Edgun, hammer forged CZ on the Cricket, and the smooth twist on the FX As others have stated they are all very accurate. Your choice will come down to the feel, weight ,availability of parts, rail choices. A hundred one way or the other is a small price when you look at ownership over several years. It's a good decision you abandoned the .177

"nvelkhunter"Can a shooter cock the Wildcat with shooting hand without removing shooting hand from grip? Saw video of shooter cocking FX Impact this way but all the videos I've seen of the Wildcat shooters release their grip, cocks and then repositions shooting hand on grip.
Yes, you can. (Yes you can! Yes you can!) I do it every day.
If you hold the gun in the Crossed-Arm Standing Offhand position, you don't even need to take your finger off the trigger. Even better than that Impact video.
The Wildcat is ideal for Crossed-Arm Standing Offhand shooting. - This is a version of how I described it on a UK forum (airgunbbs):

If you find that your lightweight bullpup twitchy when shooting standing unsupported (offhand), then try the following:

Make your rifle safe and unloaded.

Take the standard stance, looking through sights/scope at the target, then take your hand off the forend and grasp the elbow of your trigger arm.
Place the base of the pistol grip against your upper arm.
Your rifle should now be supported by 4 bits of your body: Cheek, Shoulder, Upper Arm and Hand
All these parts are near the core/axis of your body and are braced. None are "out on a limb".

If you find the sight picture steady like this with a little practice, then consider whether you can use it.

You cannot even begin to do this with a long, heavy rifle with mass out front, where in the normal stance, the inertia of the mass counteracts the wobble of the forend arm. Likewise, I have not tested this with heavily recoiling rifles, which are usually too heavy anyway, - plus I live in the UK :(

If you don't have a heavy mass waving around out there, you don't need an arm out there to support it. You can use your "core" to support it.

If you find the pistol grip hard against the bone of your upper arm, then a bit of padding or a lighter weight scope will help.
With a bullpup, this hold is very easy indeed. In fact, the extra height of a bullpup is integral to it.

I searched around for references to this hold, but could not find any, though I think someone mentioned using something similar with an Ultra.
I've been Crossed Arm Standing Offhand for a month now, and it feels natural. I'm getting more 10s and now the 6s and 7s are beginning to come down.
Update: This week, I equaled my previous (HW100TK) record = 184/200, with my Wildcat - using the new hold. OK, I'm not talented, but this hold may make me a passable offhand shooter.

2 other points. I find it much faster and less fatiguing than the standard hold. Also, the left (elbow holding) hand can flick up quickly to cycle the bolt, without your finger leaving the trigger.

If you can, try it and report back.

Meanwhile, I hope Ted's house move is going OK. Man, I know how stressful moving house is.

In target shooting, settling into a consistent position on the sights and trigger are a major part of the battle.
If you can do this once and well at the beginning of your card, then you have less drains on your time, energy and concentration.

I've never used, a self-parking car or self-flush toilet, though I once had a self-flushing car, when the skylight stuck open in a storm.

Fx do make a semi (Revolution), but you would sacrifice the joys of a bullpup and an extra $700.

LOL!!!
Whhooo man ... maybe we should delete this thread lest any marketing wag from a major auto mfgr sees it and decides that self-flushing cars are a really good idea and could maybe account for another .7% in annual sales.
I did that sunroof trick once as well .... except it was snow.
OK, back to the subject: But don't you have to remove the hand from the gun at some point anyway? I was once heavy shooter in NRA Conventional Pistol (allow me to brag: actually shot a 300 19x in .22 ... still have the targets!). There was always a point, whether in league or competitions, at which we had to reload as well as attend to the mandatory "pistols down, make the line safe", command between strings. Part of the skill-set of CP was that you needed to muscle memory your grip.
Do you not do that in rifle target?
How do you score your targets if you don't take a hand off the gun?
How is the range made safe if you don't take your hand off the gun?

I think I'm more ignorant of the course of fire than I thought .....is there a youtube vid somewhere on this?

No .... my Cricket would not be replaced with a FX Rev ... EVER! I believe it's the best gun I have ever owned and that includes the powder burners.

"chev385"Ok, whats the deal with this gun? TEDSHOLDOVER is Holding out on us. So is AOA. i'm starting to think this gun might be a bust, with only a $1200 price tag."In my sarcastic voice" I mean C'mon ted u unboxed the thing over a month ago lol. and said u were doing the editing. If AOA wants to start sending me the newest and best product's i'll go buy the camera equipment. And have video's up ASAP! I was hoping to buy the impact before i retired but guess thats not gonna happend, since i retired last week. .
Ted's gone underground.