What yardage is your zero

I use Strelok Pro and find what zero is best that gives me a flat trajectory dependant on velocity. I set it for hold over at all ranges, no hold under. For my Leshiy .22 as an example based at the current speed at 850 fps with JSB 18.13gr., I check which distance would give me the flattest trajectory. Zeroed at 25 yards, it's flat from 24 yards out to 33 yards.

1589848941_13350127055ec32b6d3c6a02.97402939.jpg

My turret zero stop is set just under 100 yards and hash marks set at a 100 yard zero on my .357 Slayer. Then to get out to long ranges, say 200 yards, the holdover is 20.65 moa, which I don't like to use way down at the bottom of the reticle. So I'll dial to a 175 yard target, redo my zero in Strelok Pro and holdover to 200 yards at 5.36 moa. My longest target is 235 yards, and the holdover is still 13.5 moa.

I do the same dialing and holdover technique with my 30 caliber Impact, and because the speed is about the same but BC a little lower, it works out well. Though I will use a closer, more optimal zero for a flatter trajectory when hunting so I just have to hold over (or under for really close shots.)

Reactions: Patrick1
Just rezeroed today at 30 yards on my Streamline. It was set at 50 but then I had holdunder for more common closer ranges that I shoot. Now it's all just holdover. I worked the POIs out from 20 to 40 yards in 5 yard increments so far. Will do more later when I get more trigger time. Back to work tomorrow after having a much needed break from work this past week. Already have OT scheduled and I haven't even been back yet!

My Wildcat is zeroed at 30 and my Royale is zeroed at 35. Most of my spring guns are at 25.