• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What would you do...

Billy, I have a .25 Cricket rifle and it just barely edges out my .22 FX 400 in the accuracy department. I have a .177 Air Arms S500 also. Those 3 are my keepers. I'm like you, always in search of the next air rifle, so I'm waiting to see what the reviews are on the .22 Slayer Sport Carbine by American Air Arms ;-)

Google American Air Arms

I like RAW too. Especially the HM1000. Only draw back is they are a little on the heavy side.

"If you’re talking about PCP then:" 1. Daystate Regal XL2. Air Arms S510 XTRA FAC Ultimate Sporter

This is one shooter who knows what he is talking about...I agree 100% and his first two suggestions were going to be mine before reading his post...My reply is long but it may help you or anyone interested in a good gun at that price range...

I recently bought a Daystate Regal XL and all I can tell you is that it is very accurate (I shoot up to 55 yards) and is very well made with outstanding good looks, the consistency even though it is not a regulated gun is nothing but spectacular...I am shooting 10.34 Gr. JSB's .177 and H&N Barracudas at 925 ft./sec. (slightly over 20 ft./lb.) and the velocity spread has never been more than 8-9 ft./sec. for the first 50-52 shots (filling the air cylinder to 250 BAR (35 shots if filled to 200 BAR)...This gun can shoot a dime size group all day long at 55 yards...Very and I mean VERY FEW guns can consistently shoot this accurate out of the box no matter what you read or are told.

Before buying this Regal I also considered the S510...Another EXCELLENT option and very similar to the Daystate Regal but has a lever instead of a bolt as the main difference (in my perspective)...Both guns are otherwise similar in performance.

I shoot a Feinwerkbau 700 Aluminum Red at 10 Meters (ISSF) and a Steyr LG-110 for FT competition and Benchrest at 25 and 50 yards, both guns are the very best in technology and accuracy; the Steyr after fine tuning it is the most accurate gun I have seen shooting to 50 yards, very similar accuracy to my .22 RF Benchrest rifle shooting Eley Tenex and Eley Match ammo...But let me tell you that a Daystate Regal XL at 1/3 the price of the out of the box Steyr is nothing to be ashamed of and a bargain considering its accuracy and the functionality and beauty of the gun....

The Regal XL is one very easy gun to maintain and repair...If ever needed, two "O" rings at the front part of the air cylinder next to the filling valve, 2 more (slightly thinner) on the back of the cylinder where it attaches to the action and one O ring on the bolt and that is pretty much it!...You can replace all of those O rings in less than 5-10 minutes...The Slingshot Hammer (Daystate Patent) saves lots of air by preventing the hammer from opening the valve after the initial strike which also helps with the consistency and this part needs no routinary maintenance...

Fill it, shoot it and clean it about every 150-200 shots or more if plinking or hunting and about every 50 shots for extreme accuracy if Benchrest shooting. 

Regards,

AZUARO

"billydjann"WCT Editor

Oh my ..you got it.. I am looking at the Air Arms S510 XTRA FAC Ultimate Sporter
I Almost pushed buy the other day... but wanted to wait and see ....it has good reviews
I will use this for most bench rest shooting...
I have never shot or even held a bullpup so I am undecided if i should get one for the collection

You and me both, there probably would have been 2 sales the same day on this rifle, I love it!! 

"billydjann"WCT Editor

Oh my ..you got it.. I am looking at the Air Arms S510 XTRA FAC Ultimate Sporter
I Almost pushed buy the other day... but wanted to wait and see ....it has good reviews
I will use this for most bench rest shooting...
I have never shot or even held a bullpup so I am undecided if i should get one for the collection

The US is a very nice rifle, but if it were me I'd save up a little bit more and get the RAW. A better value I think in the long run.