• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What would you do...

OK... lets just say you were me for a minute or two (you lucky SOB's)
and you had $1,500 in your pocket (credit card) for a NEW air rifle.... pretend you already have a scope waiting (just the gun)
What gun would you buy?
I have a gun in mind that I am very interested in and wondered if anyone else would do the same ?
But, I will not say just yet what it is...

Cricket or Wildcat is what I would pick If you were buying new in your price range. Unfortunately, I don't have any personal experience between the 2 air rifles I mentioned, but it was between 3 guns for me, Bobcat, Cricket, or Wildcat. Out of all of my research online those were the 3 that I liked the most and I judged them by performance, price, and what looked "cool" in my eyes. I ended up going with the .25 Bobcat and couldn't of been any happier.

Now if I were to buy a second air rifle, I would look very closely at used guns sold on this site or the yellow forum. I've seen some amazing deals on $2000+ air rifles being sold for 25% off new prices. I guess my point is that $1500 can possibly buy you a gun that you always wanted ,but couldn't afford the brand new price tag. :)

I would get the Vulcan for its cocking bolt being ahead of the trigger.
It seems to be (at least?) as accurate as the Cricket and not as pellet fussy as an FX, though almost everyone ends up shooting JSBs out of them anyway. 
It is lighter than a cricket (but so is a dump truck). It is $180 outside of your budget, so it has that against it. 

Cricket or Vulcan, And if you ever think about hunting I would go 25, Its not that much more to shoot,
I was a 177 man for many years, Shot placement was rule number one, Then I got a 25 Marauder, Oh my gosh,,,,
I added a 22 Cricket and a 25 Cricket , Because the 25 is so sweet,
One hole is one hole, Its the same in 177 22 and 25,
And yes size does matter, But you got to hit it.
Mike

Well I bought a Vulcan so this is kind of a hard question to me because I already have what I want :) . But if I were to buy another gun it wouldn't be a bull-pub configuration just because I already have one I am not saying I don't like bull-pub configuration. So maybe an AA or HW100 or maybe I would buy a Hatsan to tinker on and make it awesome. The Daystate Regal also comes to mind I love the way that thing looks.

Vulcans are over $1500, So is the RAW, I would sit down and think hard about what you need and what you plan to do with it....Hunting? Target shooting, Competition, You want a Rifle or a bullpup both are way different on the bench and out in the field. Then that will narrow things down. I can not make a suggestion unless the purpose is disclosed.

If it were me, I would jump all over the 22 Wolverine B Hi-Lite on sale for $1595 under Used Guns at AOA. It's in LNIB condition so it's a brand new rifle. Here is my justification:
  • $500 savings over retail
  • It comes fitted with a Huggett
  • It is more accurate than most of us can shoot
  • It's got the 480cc carbon fiber bottle
  • It's got a the Minnelli walnut stock
  • It's an actual real man's RIFLE (I'm so over bull-pups sorry)
  • It's a Daystate Wolverine man, say no more.