What would you choose?

Just to screw things up I also have a HW50 in .177,I wish it was in.22!I also like myR-7 a lot better plus my .20 R-9 better.
I know the .177HW50 is accuarte and has a nice trigger ,it is just a lot rougher than the other 2 I mentioned and another thing ,if a person wants a .22 let him get .22.....I like .22 way better those little .177pellets,maybe he has fat finger like me.:)
All in all it is great to get as many opinions as you can.We all have them."It's All Good".

How can a .22 pellet put one out of their" comfort zone"?Tuned/?you can't tune a .22 ?I do not get that statement.Rough? Plus .22 is bigger.I thought bigger was better:ROFLMAO:
He’s a PCP guy. So am I. All my .22 springers went down the road. My .177’s stayed and I even backed them down a little. A dedicated springer guy might not get frustrated with a 22 just like a belted magnum guy doesn’t mind getting knocked out from under his hat. But I agree, as I get older loading 177’s isn’t getting any easier. But once I get in the groove, I still do fine.

He’s a PCP guy. So am I. All my .22 springers went down the road. My .177’s stayed and I even backed them down a little. A dedicated springer guy might not get frustrated with a 22 just like a belted magnum guy doesn’t mind getting knocked out from under his hat. But I agree, as I get older loading 177’s isn’t getting any easier. But once I get in the groove, I still do fine.
The caliber should not be the first choice. The gun should be. Pellets are at their best accuracy and behavior in the 700-750 fps range. I always try to match the gun chosen to a caliber that will produce the velocity closest to this range. I have 30’s in 177, the harder hitters in .22. My tired fingers prefer the 22. That’s primarily all I shoot anymore. All the calibers are good and useful if matched properly to the gun. Above 800 fps and below 600 is when firing behavior starts getting more intense. This has been experience anyway and has served me well over the decades.

Last edited:
Looking for a break barrel that’s accurate, decent quality, and not too hold sensitive. Don’t plan on spending over $500. just honesty looking for something I can shoot in the yard with the kids, and use as a backup or shtf style thing if I run out of air.
I suggest a HW30S in .177, excellent rifle. One of my favorite springers. The accuracy is amazing until seen in person. Oh, did I mention the excellent two stage Rekord trigger? one pound break like glass every time.

I do not own one, but a lot of people talk about the XS12 from flying dragons. Chinese knock off of HW30S but only $100. Would be a good choice for a first rifle. Good Luck!

Looking for a break barrel that’s accurate, decent quality, and not too hold sensitive. Don’t plan on spending over $500. just honesty looking for something I can shoot in the yard with the kids, and use as a backup or shtf style thing if I run out of air.
You can look and look, you can do hours of research.
Bottom line is the HW95.
I have been shooting air rifles for many years and the HW95, 97 and FX Crown have no equals.
Cheers
Kit

I suggest a HW30S in .177, excellent rifle. One of my favorite springers. The accuracy is amazing until seen in person. Oh, did I mention the excellent two stage Rekord trigger? one pound break like glass every time.

I do not own one, but a lot of people talk about the XS12 from flying dragons. Chinese knock off of HW30S but only $100. Would be a good choice for a first rifle. Good Luck!
Absolutely a good choice.

R8.

Screenshot_20230131-115421_Photos.jpg