Other What would we like airgun manufacturers to focus on in the future.

What would we like to see airgun manufacturers focus on?

• Total voters
Supplying all their distributors with PARTS that won't take months to get to us. And, exploded diagrams with ALL o-ring sizes!
Let me be a Debbie Downer here, parts take space, part are inventory, some states, not mentioning names..Calif...TAX those inventories, so if you have a .03¢ screw in inventory for 10 years, you are paying tax on it every year and the TIME $$$ to count it. Space costs, I agree that if they sell stuff they should have the standard stuff that goes bad but we can't ask them to have enough parts on hand to build 5 rifles of every make and model they sell. If they are a distributor they SHOULD have enough inventory AND THE KNOWLEDGE to back up their guns, if they are the local airgun shop, not so much.

I prefer airguns to have a simple design - fewer points of failure = better reliability and ease of maintenance.

I prefer airguns to allow easy caliber change - modular designs.

I prefer airguns to be efficient with air use - more shots per fill is more convenience (and less wear & tear on compressor). Wasted air may also negatively impact precision.

I prefer airguns that focus on precision over power, as I’m a target shooter. Most PCPs have plenty of power for pest control. There may be some linkage between efficiency and precision - it would seem the best rifles should be both accurate and efficient.

Reactions: L.Leon
I would really like to see service manuals, more focused on tuning, than repair, sort of like Chilton or Clymer manuals they have for cars and motorcycles. Or maybe even schools conducted by manufacturers or respected authorities on certain brands that could be held at shows or other venues.

In scuba they have a yearly industry show called DEMA (Dive Equipment and Marketing Association) . Held in various places in the U.S. At the shows most scuba regulator manufacturers schedule repair classes to certify, usually dive store employees, on proper repair of regulators. It would be nice to have those for the general public.

Let me start by saying I’ve found my happy place with my 2 ghosts! Accurate handles well low maintenance decent shot count and there is good power. Daystate and Brk seem to be working in the right direction following guns like the revere another solid performer. But to answer the question precision and quality control are the things i think many mfg’s need to work on. Especially pellet mfg’s

Last edited:
Reactions: L.Leon
Just imagine if say Umarex was reading the forums. If they took the Notos and offered it in a factory version with the popular mods for around $400. Might be the best selling PCP ever. Maybe even offer a scope and rings pkg.

What if RTI sticks with the current model and concentrates on shaving some weight and $'s.

What if "Fill Probes" were a thing of the past.

If .30 Cal, at least 90 fpe. If .25 at least 60 fpe. If .22 at least 50 fpe.

Confident acuracy at 220 yards.

At least 80 shots per fill.

Perfect ergonomics with no need of raisers and a total length shorter than 39".

Adjustable stock in butt pad and comb.

Quality and reliability.

Availability of spare parts, but enough quality to don't need them.

Beautiful design with walnut and synthetic stocks.

Super trigger.

Silent enough for not disturbing anyone when back yards shooting.

Which ones are now close with some of the above mentioned requirements?

Here is the answer:

- Daystate Wolverine with 700 cc bottle.

- Airgun Technology Vulcan 3 and Uragan

- FX Panthera with double bottle.

-Sidewinder.

The FX Panthera King is a rifle that worth to give a glance. Daystate for sure should bring it's versión of the Panthera King.

Last edited:
Its not on the list but I think the manufactures might want to spend more attention on long term safe functionality. Corrosion of aluminum pressure vessels in the guns high pressure system is of particular concern. I would highly recommend the use of Titanium in more areas as it is basically inert to corrosion and very strong (and light). Simpler designs that are easy to maintain and are more reliable in long tern use. Granted this could increase cost and possible compromise precision but I think these are trades we could consider if what we want is a gun we can grab anytime and know it will work safely.