Other What would we like airgun manufacturers to focus on in the future.

What would we like to see airgun manufacturers focus on?

• Total voters
One of my pet peeves that prevents me from buying certain brands, despite their great quality and reputation, is magazines. Some brands have piddling, expensive, magazines that only hold 10 rounds, some even less at higher calibers. I would like to see all magazines have a minimum of 16 rounds and cost less than $60. I think FX comes pretty close to this, but others like Daystate, BRK, Air Arms, RAW, Kalibr and others could do better here. While they're at it, the use of larger, longer slugs is becoming more popular, so the magazines should match. Unfortunately, the gun's receiver would have to be re-designed to accomodate.

Reactions: 7Green
Hang tight everyone! I’m in the process of designing, then, shortly after, planning on manufacturing and selling what I deem the perfect-as-you-can-make-it PCP that won’t need spare parts because of its capability of outlasting the shooter. When it’s released to the market it will be competitively priced—on the condition that retailers and distributors purchase yet-to-be-decided bulk quantities (to pay for all the things involved in my research, design, manufacturing, and marketing) so that I’ll be able to generate enough revenue to cease production and retire and become a retired expat in Bulgaria where many of the women are naturally beautiful and think they don’t need braces to have a winning smile, and where I can enjoy delicious banitsa and not deal with pestering customers and owners.😁😁

Joking aside (though wishing it’d be true), in responding to this post, to be continued … 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 7Green
1. ACCURACY.
Accuracy will always be #1 to me, especially with greater distances.
100 yard distances or more, is what really seems to seperate the men from the boys.
All the power in the world becomes useless if not accurate.

2. COMPATABILITY.
Id love to see Foster fittings become an insudtry standard, and why not?
Probes are NOT a good selling point, in my opinion.

1. LOUDNESS.
Pleanty of room for improvement here!
The whole reason a lot of us use airguns to begin with, is how quiet they can be.
Unfortunately, this seems to gets over looked by the manufactures,

Reactions: Genob
I would like to see airgun ammo manufacturers dedicating at least as much R&D into improved diabolo pellet designs and quality control - as they are dedicating to slug designs.

As PCP power and efficiency have advanced markedly over the past 5 years, it seems there is potential to refine and optimize diabolo pellets to take advantage of the capabilities of modern PCP rifles.

Reactions: Genob