What would be your setup for a compact “travel” PCP?

My mind keeps thinking about an ideal self sustaining travel set up for a PCP air rifle. Yes, this is question 

My thoughts are for a compact PCP under 24” in 22 caliber that could be packed in a case that wouldn’t attract attention in an airport (oh wow look he has a gun) and is multi shot. Yes I use to have an Edgun Leshiy 2 which fit the bill, but now I don’t have the L2 so I MIGHT need an alternative. Also, easy to pack in a car.

Though I was up for a remote job for New England it was cancelled. After being super bummed then another door opened last week, again remote based. This job is a consulting job which would send me all over of USA, especially to rural areas. some pesting services where I could to a dairyman or farmer while in these rural areas.

I want to be self sustainable so, I would probably get a compressor which could be put in a large suitcase and small buddy bottle which the small compressor could fill.

Again, more to amuse myself, but I would love to hear your thoughts. And please wish me luck on this job.

Talon P in .22.

I sold my TalonSS .177, for ergonomics reasons, but it was good gun and it's now a .25 powerhouse. Truth is even in a target rich dairy a single shot is totally adequate. I shoot a lot at dairies and they always spook after a shot giving more than enough time to load a pellet. The Talon is EASY to load quickly.

Good Luck on the job!

It’s a tie in the Edgun r5m 22cal and now the pulsar 177. The size of the r5m is convenient and a lot of times I end up in the barns but with the pulsar I can put on low power and use pellets and don’t have to be as careful not to blow holes or damage anything. Also for out of the barn shooting I can go to mid or high power and use slugs for long shots.

It's a travel gun and WEIGHT MATTERS.

R5M ... 6.75 lbs
Talon P ... 3.5lbs

Traveling and being a beast of burden is NOT FUN and that weight savings makes room for a laptop which I am pretty sure you will also carry.

Bias:
- The R5M is awesome and I may even have one someday.

- I actually strongly dislike the AF company but the TalonP is a great gun.

Stick a BugBuster 3-12 x 32 with side focus on it and go kill something.

TSA is going to know you have an airgun because you are required to tell them. You also need to have the cylinder and buddy bottle empty. Cylinder removed from the gun. You will also have to get an extremely durable locking TSA approved case for the gun. A real good case for the compressor too. Those don't take to well to being treated like a basketball with the airline employees. Make sure what you choose is going to meet this criteria. Bring O rings because those wear quickly when removing cylinders frequently. Get a gun you will like if this doesn't all work out as planned. A long or carbine size is not going to be that much more hassle to carry around than a shorty.

Good luck on the job. 

Just get another L2, keep it simple, .22 cal with a bottle. I like the smaller 220 cc bottle. Just got this one from the UK. 100 shots per fill @ 25fpe. 

Leshiy 2J.1618155825.jpg

@austin870 trust me I know the experience ALL too well. I brought two guns from the Netherlands to the USA via plane, along with a mini bottle. and thanks...I should know soon. I would try to use a more camera / field gear Pelican case.

So at least internationally, I will never do that again. If I travel some where I will borrow a gun or ship it to where I am going. Due to the trips might be short notice shipping won’t be an option. The Leyla has crossed my mind and kind of adaptable with its design for 50-60 yard gun, more if I a good. Also, the AirMaks Caimen would be good too.

@thammer I haven’t seen that Král before, so I will give it a look.