• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX What would be a good first pcp rifle

FYI, pesting and plinking quickly become a hobby and an expensive endeavor. That expense usually starts with getting the "wrong" PCP out of the gate. Whichever PCP that you set your sights on, do an extensive search on that particular model for known faults (or whether they shoot slugs well or not) so you can get an idea of what to expect. Some manufacturer's models are definitely more solid and accurate than others, and some have pellet only rifling.

I’m in the market for a pcp rifle. Trying to find out what would be a good start with a pcp. I like the looks of the fx Dreamline series. let me know what you all think?
@Whiteknight71 Depends upon your intended use, skillset, and budget. The info in the link below may be of some use to you.

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
dreamline may or may not shoot slugs well,
its on the lower end power wise for the fx guns.

and slugs will nearly always need tuned for,
and with it being your first pcp it can be easy to get your settings out of whack and not be able to return to your starting point.

also,
a chronograph is a must have tool for tuning,
you can't know what the gun is really doing without one.

and i dont how good of shape youre in,
but pumping bottle guns is NO fun! lol

there are guns designed for slugs,
(they have unchoked barrels,
compared to guns designed for pellets that have choked barrels)

agt uragan 2 and vulcan 3 are designed for slugs,
and gotta say,
i LOVE my uragan 2,
it makes me warm and fuzzy-er :cool:

Do yourself a solid and make a checklist of what you want and desire about a pesting/plinker. List: model type, bullpup or classic length, carbon fiber bottle, slug shooter, accuracy, shot count, power, cocking lever location, and budget, etc. In your research you will find that some PCP's come with an extra "fee/tax" where you end up spending way more money than expected upgrading pieces and parts (to any accomplish one or more of the above listed items). The more boxes you check off may seemingly raise the price to a better model, but upgrading the parts or gun that you don't like will do the same or more.

I should add, the Huntsman is the ultimate KISS rifle.

They even let you know what pellet it’s meant to shoot.

IMG_9696.jpeg

IMG_9695.jpeg

IMG_9697.jpeg

Reactions: MysticalDragon