What will you prefer? Sorting your pellets or Making your own pellets?

For all this time I am trying to make a product that can make a positive impact on our Airgun community. So I need your suggestions. I believe that consistency of pellets is a key in achieving the one hole group at 20,50,70 yard targets. So in order to achieve consistency 

A. Will you prefer sorting pellets by weight and stacking them according to their head sizes.

B. Make your own diabolo pellets to fit the weight and head size requirements. 

What will you prefer? and the factors that will affect your preferences, like time, cost, lead exposure, ease of operation, versatility etc.

What will you prefer? and the factors that will affect your preferences, like time, cost, lead exposure, ease of operation, versatility etc. A couple of questions: Are you suggesting swaged or smelted pellets? Are you using purchased lead or are you mixing your own metallic recipe (expansion / weight)? What are the results / tolerances for your methodology (head size, weight, body length, skirt size, etc. )?

If you would like, PM me and we can talk. There is a lot to pellets and accuracy.

Swaged pellets are preferred; I don’t want to melt (inhale) lead.

Time, cost, ease for sorting below.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I Prefer accurate dome head Diablo pellets – whatever way I can get them! Weight, head size with no head dimples, smiles, etc. I have sorted 1200 pellets and this is what I’ve found. (Yes – my wife said I am crazy!)

Preferred pellet for shooting 75 to 100 yards: 22 cal.: Head size 5.55 mm; weight 1.631-40 without blemishes .

Here is what I can obtain from the JSB Redesign 22 cal. – 25 gn. Pellets:

I can wash, head size, sort approximately 200 pellets in 4 hours.

YIELD:

Approximate head size Yield: 80% are 5.55 mm head size; 10% are 5.54 mm; 10% are 5.56 mm

20% - Scrap: Under / overweight (-1.620 or + 1.680), head or skirt damaged.

Yield Weight

8 % 1.621 – 1.630

19 % 1.631 – 1.640

21 % 1.641 – 1.650

16 % 1.651 - 1.660

10 % 1.661 – 1.670

6 % 1.671 – 1.680

So for 1 tin of 200 - $10 and four hours of time I get a yield of 23 perfect pellets! Note for those questioning my sanity: the remaining pellets are fabulous also, just takes a click of the MOI/Mil on the scope or a little hold over – will provide great results. Thus, Yielding approximately 160 good shooting pellets.

For those 23 perfect pellets that's 10.43 minutes per pellet! But to answer your question - do you enjoy them - when I can depend on them to go where I am pointing: YES. When the wind blows like it does here in AZ - well not always. Or when I pull a shot - never! To answer your question: To not have a flyer, it gives me a lot more confidence knowing that it is not going to be the pellet that screws up the shot!