• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What will void my warrenty? / Finding explosion diagrams

I like to take things apart and figure out how they work and from what I've been reading on the forum so do a lot of you. How far can you go into deconstructing a rifle without voiding the warranty? I've seen some explosion diagrams of the wildcat, are those created and released by FX or a third party? I will by buying an impact soon but I want to try and wait for some of the kinks to be worked out and some more information to become available, is there a typical time after release these things come out?

"Most" warranty's on airguns allow pretty much NO tampering except perhaps trigger adjustment and perhaps hammer sping and stroke length ( as on a marauder). And if that adjustment were to cause harm ( ham fisted whatever) even a trigger adjustment would void any warranty. Some company's are more generous than other's in working with you. Crosman will send you the needed parts for warranty IF you prefer but if you send something back they just send you a new/different one. Some say send it in on your dime, well look at it someday and see if we think it's warranty or not and let you know.
If it is a big concern of yours just be certain to talk with your dealer before purchase.

And certainly airguns are fun to tinker with, some here are actually very advanced in the airsmithing exp. level. Anyone who's never seen say a pcp, and wants to tinker might do well to buy say a discovery to learn on though "most" pcp's are pretty straighfoward.

John