What was your first Pellet Rifle?

My first airgun was a Daisy model 95 that lived in my garage my entire life up to my 11th (1977) B-day. I proved I could cock it and it was mine! the stock butt plate was missing and there were always spiders crawling up in there. The gun was my uncle's that got left there when he moved out. I shot the daylights out of that gun (I would get a milk carton of Crosman BBS for Christmas every year and reused them 100s of times). Sold it for $15 to a friend who proceeded to get caught shooting out street lights. I bought a Crosman 766 (now the 2100) from another friend for $25 and snuck it into the house wrapped in a garage bag. My parents let me keep it and I shot mostly BBs but would get one of those little plastic belt clip canisters of Pellets once in a while. I must have pumped that gun 100000 times! The gun blew a seal after 10 years of abuse and it never got fixed. My dad tossed it a few years back while cleaning out my old room. Man I wish he had given me a heads up as I would love to have that classic.

Sounds close to my own experiences. Visited my brother in Colorado when I was 7 or 8 & he had a crosman 760 pump that he gave to me as my first airgun. Broke it down in to pieces to fly it back to N.Z, where we lived on a lifestyle block surround by large farms overrun with vermin. Shot that bb gun so many times until I also wore it out. Whacked my first california quail, rabbit, hare, half wild turkey, & even a flying pheasant that sounded good but I never recovered it. 😁It was my brothers grand idea much to his demise to take the foresight off it, along with the one off his break barrel & attach a 6inch section of garden hose. We had a shelterbelt of about 20 lawsoniana trees that had little paintball size cones on them & these we pushed in the end & we would hunt each other down but no shots were to be above the armpits. He had the advantage of speed to reload & velocity, plus he was 13 & I 8. Wait in ambush I did, & had him at like15yds, aiming at his waist & just as i shot, he spotted me & ducked down, “thuWhacK” 😂 right in the temple, boy was he mad 😬😡& off a runnin I went no time to reload, he bore down on me & had me in short order for a good pummeling followed by an apology & back to it we went again only for the exact same thing to happen again 5mins later🤙😂, (pissing myself as I write this), & off a runnin again while giggling my guts out, before another pummeling! For the great memory it was well worth the beatings I took & he was left with two good welts an inch apart on his temple!😁 Sure did love that gun!
1656756d-f965-4e2d-86cd-2139ba999de3

My first pellet rifle was Crosman 761xl. I literally worn the gun out!!! Took such good care of that gun. Always wiping it down after each session. ( which was everyday) I rebuild it to many times to remember. I even replaced to pump tube because I wore out the hinge pin… i think it was 1972. Unfortunately it’s gone. But many years later I found one brand new in the box that I bought. It’s in my safe. I still look at it from time to time.