What was your first PCP?

.25 caliber Benjamin Armada
20230705_200936.jpg

Reactions: mb94952
It was 2021 when my first PCP arrived straight from Sweden. It was (and is) FX Dreamline Tactical in .177, 500mm barrel, tube version.

View attachment 408067

Over the years it has been tuned and upgraded. At the moment it's in GRS stock.

View attachment 408068

Upgrading (at least I think so) is in progress.

Last step was changing AMP reg. to Huma-Air reg.

In the waiting list is to try out FX Maveric plenum+Maveric second reg. tube+480cc bottle. Shortly said - dual regulated FX Dreamline.
Sub'd to your channel.

Reactions: Loff
I'm a newbie. Bought a Hatsan Hydra .25 about 5 years ago. As far as air goes I only shot springers before that.

Made that decision based on price (sub $400), I knew Hatsan from break barrels I owned before, and I loved the wood stock.

To this day that rifle is still one of my favorites, if not one of the least accurate and needing refills of air. A very lovely carbine to shoulder, a very lovely cocking bolt and a very lovely trigger. This is not my "paper target" gun. This is my, take it out and let's hit this metal at 40 - 50 - 75 yards gun. Mostly off hand because it is so light.

To tell you the truth, I have many airguns and many more powerful and accurate and semi-automatic. But if I hear some (game animal) nonsense happening on my property I may just be picking up my Hydra. It is just such a comfortable carbine, still, and it's been put through the paces enough that I can trust it.

Of course if the (game animal) appears to be of a larger size and with greater ambition to overtake my domain, I may retreat and have other options at hand.

1st post I think:) My first PCP was a converted Beeman QB 78 that my PB buddy gave me that he did himself. I gave that one to another guy after my buddy traded me his I believe is a 1st Gen moderated AA S200 .177 which I have and really really like. It was tuned by some guy my buddy tells whose name was something like Andrew Story or ....? That AA S200 shoots like a laser.

Now that I have moved back to "the land that time forgot" to build easily accessible proper PB shooting ranges, after being away for over 40 yrs, I am going to go visit Mike Melick next week.

In the spring of '24 my old shooting buddy and air gun mentor from Tennessee is bringing me his FX Streamline Classic wood .22 that he says he doesn't use any longer after getting an Impact M3. He's an unlimited class .22lr benchrest shooter and "gun" tinkerer par excellent.

I've got a 50+rd very safe shot in my backyard and if I am "quiet" I plan on a lot of air gun shooting in my "golden" years.

I started following Thomas air rifles lately due to a heads up by my Benchrest shooting buddy. I'm hoping to live long enough to see air supplant PB in 50yrd BR. The idea of competing with millionaires over lots of .22lr ammo doesn't appeal to me.

I just started with PCP in 2021 after I've realized I can legally and safely shoot PCPs in my backyard. First one was a Lesley 2 Standard .22. After watching backyard hunting videos by EDGunUSA I was sold on it. It got some nice upgrades like moderator and hand guard (no image of either). I no longer have it mostly because I could not quiet it down. I probably should have kept it.

1706434383400.jpeg

Reactions: Florida_Man