What was your first PCP?

My first was a Shinsung Career 111 300 in 22 cal. I bought about 15 years or so ago.I still have it. It is a beast of a gun. It slings 28 gr Eujins at over 1000 fps. Something like 70 + ft lbs. It sounds like a cannon going off. Holy cow its loud. Where was DonnyfL when I needed him? lol

Wow, that was also my first, and I also still have mine. I would usually start with power wheel turned down a few dots, shoot 6 or 8 shots and turn it up one. Shoot 6 or 8 more, turn it up. I could get nearly 40 shots around 920 with Kodiak heavy pellets. Accurately too. It is still the loudest airgun I have heard.

Reactions: Scotay42
Synrod - mostly because I didn't know anything about PCP's and wanted an entry point. Plus, I had a vague understanding that the Marauder could be tuned, though I didn't really know what that meant. Plus, it was the least expensive magazine fed gun. Made sure it was a Gen2 for a better barrel. Extremely happy with it except for two things. Bolt pull isn't the easiest in the world and it's a relatively heavy gun. Sure shoots nice from a bench though.

From the factory it shot at about 28 foot pounds. Really accurate to about 75 yards, but never could get much accuracy past that. So, I decided to make it my 50 yard gun and am tuning it down to about 20 fpe, So far, very promising.

Just put a regulator in it and am tuning it this week. It sat a lot for a while as I also upgraded to an Impact. Looking for a Dreamline Tactical next or maybe a classic. Should have the cash together in a few months.

It can be an expensive addiction . . . . . . . . . .