• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What was your best day of pest control

All on different days working the golf course, the most I ever got in a 3 hour session was 90 iguanas. The most I've ever recovered in a day was 115 hitting different areas.

View attachment 359408

View attachment 359409

View attachment 359410
All on different days working the golf course, the most I ever got in a 3 hour session was 90 iguanas. The most I've ever recovered in a day was 115 hitting different areas.

View attachment 359408

View attachment 359409

View attachment 359410
What do you do with all the dead bodies? I'm assuming you don't eat them. :)

• Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
My best days were actually nights. My buddy married into a dairy farm that had no shortage of pigeons, starlings and rats. Used my Leshiy classic in .177 sub 12 for sensitive areas and an SK-19 with ATN 4K pro mounted and zeroed and a thermal scope mounted to the 4K. Heavy and awkward but made it easy to spot rats with thermal and still have the clarity of night vision.View attachment 359469
I would love to be able to do pest control for farms. Those are some sweet setups, I'm trying to fix up my buddies sk19 as it's leaking. Currently running a 177 impact with the 600 mm barrel shooting the 13.43 grain knockouts at about 31ftlbs. An edgun leshiy classic 350 in .25 and .35 both shoot great.

I would love to be able to do pest control for farms. Those are some sweet setups, I'm trying to fix up my buddies sk19 as it's leaking. Currently running a 177 impact with the 600 mm barrel shooting the 13.43 grain knockouts at about 31ftlbs. An edgun leshiy classic 350 in .25 and .35 both shoot great.
It’s nice to help out on a small family farm and rats are a ton of fun. Otherwise I’d rather be down with you getting a tan as opposed to dropping my pellet pen in cow manure. I’d love to come down for an iguana hunt sometime.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Reactions: RobR and Yoda_1794
Just Pre covid @ 2018 Extreme North East corner of California ( Surprise valley )
Belding Ground squirrels in the Alfalfa fields .... 1 single days shooting 512 kills in total. In the morning before the winds picked up shot the .22 air rifle for @ 4 hrs and killed a tad over 200. Finished off the day with a .17hmr. Most epic pesting day of my life !!
The 3 day trip 1/2 day, full day, 1/2 day netted a tad over 1000 kills. Epic trip :eek:

Got some pics ... tad too graphic IMO.
No we don't fetch em ... other squirrels do or the raptors, yotes or night scavengers clean it all up, that by next day you would never know the slaughter that happened.
That's an insane amout of carcasses! I would love to be able to hunt iguanas with my 17hmr, I'd have a field day haha.

Five Crow Sunday, April 2022.
Sitting in blind, MK3 Wildcat .30, 44.75 JSBs. Big momma, with two smaller ones, landed in 48-yard pine, by neighbor's trash cans. Solid hit crash landed her, after slow glide, in the woods. Youngsters go ballistic, dropped one that landed, screaming at momma. Other crows, hearing commotion, joined, as well as a Cooper's Hawk that grabbed fallen youngster for a meal. Two more crows fell to the Wildcat before everyone cleared out. Few hours later heard nastiest, meanest crow call ever, near 50-yard target, where Cooper had stopped to eat dinner. Big Daddy was looking to settle score with Cooper for killing old lady and eating kid. Stalked, but he never seemed to connect me with danger, that is, until looking eye to eye at 25-yards, silenced with JSB. Best pest control day, ever. WM
You sure have a way to tell stories, I felt like I was there. Thank you for sharing!

Reactions: WorriedMan
We had a dairy permission that was an absolute shooting gallery for pest birds, mainly collared doves. Shooting over 200 birds per person was normal for a day out. Unfortunately, they relocated much farther away.
Sorry about the loss, at least you got in it when you could while it lasted. That's a crazy amount of birds a day though. Did you make decent money?

Had an avocado orchard I used to hunt at. Unfortunately property owner went mental (think he has some serious substance abuse issues). Centercut & I took out 40ish ground squirrels & rabbits a couple years back if I remember correctly. 1st thing that popped into my mind. NOTHING like your haul!
Sad to hear about the owner, but that's a damn good haul. You ever recover them?

I'm rooting for all of you guys reporting insanely high numbers of kills per hour or per day.
Way, way AWESOME!! 👏🏼

I have killed my share of pests, but I've got ways to go to achieve the numbers of any of you.

🟠 However, it is special day of pest control when you get to take a new shooter on a pesting mission,
who has only shot any gun once for an afternoon at paper targets,
and let him shoot at the pests messing with the livelihood of honest farmers.

Some time ago, I had that opportunity, and I let him have most of the shots. 😊
I wouldn't have taken him so soon to something that serious -- but he was just that good on his first shooting session already:
He shot a 7-shot group at 100 yards, under 2 inches. (With the gun he used I have not been able to do any better....)

So, yeah, it's awesome to get to show someone the ropes, encourage them when they miss, and see them learn!😊

My pesting friends, keep up the good work. Good riddance, let's get rid of them PESTS!!

Matthias

I'm rooting for all of you guys reporting insanely high numbers of kills per hour or per day.
Way, way AWESOME!! 👏🏼

I have killed my share of pests, but I've got ways to go to achieve the numbers of any of you.

🟠 However, it is special day of pest control when you get to take a new shooter on a pesting mission,
who has only shot any gun once for an afternoon at paper targets,
and let him shoot at the pests messing with the livelihood of honest farmers.

Some time ago, I had that opportunity, and I let him have most of the shots. 😊
I wouldn't have taken him so soon to something that serious -- but he was just that good on his first shooting session already:
He shot a 7-shot group at 100 yards, under 2 inches. (With the gun he used I have not been able to do any better....)

So, yeah, it's awesome to get to show someone the ropes, encourage them when they miss, and see them learn!😊

My pesting friends, keep up the good work. Good riddance, let's get rid of them PESTS!!

Matthias
Love it! As much as I enjoy pesting on my own, I love doing the tours that I do. Specially when we get large hauls. I've had people that were only to come their relatives on the tour and go from not really wanting to participate, to wanting to take every shot, and nesrly enjoying themselves more.