What was your best day of pest control

All on different days working the golf course, the most I ever got in a 3 hour session was 90 iguanas. The most I've ever recovered in a day was 115 hitting different areas.

Resized_Resized_20221006_152134.jpeg

Resized_Resized_20221005_140334.jpeg

Resized_Resized_20221012_143948(3).jpeg

Just Pre covid @ 2018 Extreme North East corner of California ( Surprise valley )
Belding Ground squirrels in the Alfalfa fields .... 1 single days shooting 512 kills in total. In the morning before the winds picked up shot the .22 air rifle for @ 4 hrs and killed a tad over 200. Finished off the day with a .17hmr. Most epic pesting day of my life !!
The 3 day trip 1/2 day, full day, 1/2 day netted a tad over 1000 kills. Epic trip :eek:

Got some pics ... tad too graphic IMO.
No we don't fetch em ... other squirrels do or the raptors, yotes or night scavengers clean it all up, that by next day you would never know the slaughter that happened.

My best days were actually nights. My buddy married into a dairy farm that had no shortage of pigeons, starlings and rats. Used my Leshiy classic in .177 sub 12 for sensitive areas and an SK-19 with ATN 4K pro mounted and zeroed and a thermal scope mounted to the 4K. Heavy and awkward but made it easy to spot rats with thermal and still have the clarity of night vision.
62EC57DC-6EE9-4A4C-BD3C-DE08C99C1F5D.jpeg

@JaceSpace1369 Wow! That's awesome. I was just down in the Ft. Lauderdale and West Palm Beach areas and saw a bunch of Iguanas. Are you able to do anything at all with the bodies??
Yessir, I sell the bodies. My buddy and I sell it to buyers from other states as well as commercial fishermen, along with some locals.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
The tragedy of it all, you could shoot this many iguanas, every hour, of every day, and not make a dent after 12 months!
We make the dent where we can, had a hoa and golf course I hit twice a week for 3.5 months. Removed over 1400 iguanas. To this day they their maintenance team gets rid of 10-20 a day, but nowhere near the 50-70 a day I used to get at that place or anywhere near as big as they were for that matter.

What a freaking mess you got there! My best, not sure, but my most productive was 21 chipmunks in 20 minutes with a FWB124D. Easy to get rid of too. I wouldn't want to have to deal with getting rid of all those Iguana.
The biggest PITA was taking them out of the bag to line up for pictures and them accomodate them in the two coolers accordingly so everything fits. Ridding them is as easy as throwing them in the 5 chest freezers my partner has.

Reactions: PumaCarl
My buddy @reiffra945 and I hunt a large industrial dairy farm and a couple months ago we had the best hunting trip of our lives. We dropped 540 winged rats during a four hour hunt. It was a pretty special day and one record that will likely go unbroken, at least by us … but we will keep trying.

Five Crow Sunday, April 2022.
Sitting in blind, MK3 Wildcat .30, 44.75 JSBs. Big momma, with two smaller ones, landed in 48-yard pine, by neighbor's trash cans. Solid hit crash landed her, after slow glide, in the woods. Youngsters go ballistic, dropped one that landed, screaming at momma. Other crows, hearing commotion, joined, as well as a Cooper's Hawk that grabbed fallen youngster for a meal. Two more crows fell to the Wildcat before everyone cleared out. Few hours later heard nastiest, meanest crow call ever, near 50-yard target, where Cooper had stopped to eat dinner. Big Daddy was looking to settle score with Cooper for killing old lady and eating kid. Stalked, but he never seemed to connect me with danger, that is, until looking eye to eye at 25-yards, silenced with JSB. Best pest control day, ever. WM