• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What was the first semi automatic pellet gun?

The Crosman 500 was available in the early 70’s, I got one for Christmas. Still have it and it was refurbished a couple of years ago. I had a blast with it, I believe I could fire 15 BB’s between reloads and about 50 before power started falling off. Thank goodness 12mg co2 cartridges were available at the Western Auto downtown. If I found another at a yard/estate sale I’d grab it in a hot minute.

Rick H.

A little off topic, but since it has already been mentioned...

In the UK, due to very strict gun laws, there is one more category for semi-autos, "self-indexing guns", which is mainly the same as "self-loading" guns, but the difference being that "self-loading" guns will automatically cock the action and have a new projectile mechanically pushed from the magazine into the chamber of the barrel. A "self-indexing" gun will automatically cock the action and index the magazine after each pull of the trigger, but the projectile stays in the magazine and is shot directly from the magazine when the trigger is pulled. And because there's no chamber that is automatically loaded, it's not defined as a self-loading gun.

Probably a glitch in the drafting of the law, but never the less, a semi-automatic gun that shoots the pellet directly from the magazine is within the law, and a semi-automatic gun that shoots the pellet from a chambered barrel is outside the law.

A little off topic, but since it has already been mentioned...

In the UK, due to very strict gun laws, there is one more category for semi-autos, "self-indexing guns", which is mainly the same as "self-loading" guns, but the difference being that "self-loading" guns will automatically cock the action and have a new projectile mechanically pushed from the magazine into the chamber of the barrel. A "self-indexing" gun will automatically cock the action and index the magazine after each pull of the trigger, but the projectile stays in the magazine and is shot directly from the magazine when the trigger is pulled. And because there's no chamber that is automatically loaded, it's not defined as a self-loading gun.

Probably a glitch in the drafting of the law, but never the less, a semi-automatic gun that shoots the pellet directly from the magazine is within the law, and a semi-automatic gun that shoots the pellet from a chambered barrel is outside the law.
Sounds like a Huben would be just fine :>)