• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What was an absolute game changer for you in this sport?

For me, it was getting my 1st QUALITY airgun. I was using Hatsan BT65's (22 & 25) for almost 2 years. I learned a lot about shooting & tuning & actually got quite good with them. When my Mom passed & unexpectedly left us some money I got a Royale 500. Oh my God, the difference in fit,feel, function & accuracy was on a whole different dimension. NOW I understood why guys were willing to spend so much on higher tier equipment. I COULD NOT believe the difference. Really had an IMPACT (pardon the pun) on me. Bought a used Boss (.30) after that, same reaction! We DO get what we pay for. Sold ALL my other guns after getting those. Now, I only own a Bobcat .22, Royale .25 & my Boss .30. Not the MOST expensive but check every single box for me!

After years of pesting with a Crosman 760, hoping each time the gun would perform well, but never really knowing, to a PCP as a dependable "partner," capable of consistent "dime-size" groups @ 50 yards, was the game-changer for me. Confidence in bringing a solid performer to the contest with your quarry made a world of difference. WM

Reactions: Sqwirl57
When I experienced my first Bullpup airgun. I bought an FXwildcat Mk1 walnut .25 and from the first magazine I shot I was astonished how well I could shoot it...got a Bobcat .25 Mk2 next (still have it) than a Wildcat Mk1 .22 walnut that walnut .22 is the airgun I regret selling and I don't say that lightly, in a perfect world I would like to fine a Mk1 Wildcat with a laminate stock new inbox, I could do no wrong with that gun...sigh...YO got that one and life goes on. Veteran took it's place but still wish I had it back.

Realizing most of my shooting issues came from the fact I just can’t shoot bull pups!
up until shooting a friends crown, and owning a dream tac and leshiy 2, most of my rifles were bull pups. From a wildcat to even a veteran, I found I just wasn’t getting the groups I had seen others getting with the same setup. After shooting tactical, and traditional rifles instead, my groups not only shrunk, but became super consistent to.

2 things:

1) Finally figuring out the equipment I needed where I could actually get comfortable over the gun on the bench, and wouldn't end up with searing pain between my shoulder blades after an hour's worth of shooting;
2) Trigger time, regardless of what gun it was on. Like someone posted above, I couldn't shoot bullpups worth a darn as compared to traditional stocked rifles. Then all of a sudden I found that I could shoot bullpups and compact guns well, and it is all down to getting enough trigger time to be more comfortable (and more accurate) on any platform of gun.

If this stuff was easy, anyone could do it! Gotta put in the hours.