What type of new PCP or aftermarket part would you like to come out next?

Pale_Rider

Feb 16, 2019
US
If you had the chance to tell a manufacturer what type of PCP or aftermarket part to make, what would it be and why?

I would want a pump action kit for the Benjamin bulldog like saber makes for the impact. Of course the HS would have to be set really light but that’s not a problem if you’re just shooting 81 gr JSBs or lightweight slugs. 

I would like to see a complete survival package. Something that included a small breakdown pcp rifle and everything you would need to use and maintain it for a couple of years. It would have to be a basic build with vary few moving parts. The pump and the rifle would use the same o ring sizes and try to keep the number of sizes at a minimum. The barrel would be up to firing hand cast slugs made from tire weights, and a small slug mold with say 3 size options would come with it. A small bug out bag it could all fit in would be nice too. Basically a rugged turn key setup capable of taking game up to small deer or boar.

Reactions: mmahoney
I would like to see a complete survival package. Something that included a small breakdown pcp rifle and everything you would need to use and maintain it for a couple of years. It would have to be a basic build with vary few moving parts. The pump and the rifle would use the same o ring sizes and try to keep the number of sizes at a minimum. The barrel would be up to firing hand cast slugs made from tire weights, and a small slug mold with say 3 size options would come with it. A small bug out bag it could all fit in would be nice too. Basically a rugged turn key setup capable of taking game up to small deer or boar.

Awesome idea! That sounds like something AF could easily do with a noble valve .257 escape. But you lost me at tire weights. Those got some nasty impurities that I wouldn’t want going down my barrel. 

A PCP that recycles the blast of air when shot then replentishes the air cylinder by itself.

I believe the blitz already does that. From watching Nate’s review, he has to clean it every 500-1000 rounds otherwise the hole in the barrel that catches air gets clogged up with lead and causes the cycling to malfunction. When it’s cleaned, it actually is an efficient semi auto system that has a faster firing rate than the sk19. If you can deal with cleaning it every tin or 2 then it’s a good platform. It’s needing to be cleaned so often is probably the reason why it gets a lot of flak. I wonder how many buyers didnt clean it when it was needed and caused a jam that turned into a bad review

Another hybrid like the FX Independence, or the Webley Paradigm which was never released. One that has the issue sorted prior to release.

+1 on more like the independence. The aspen/freedom was my first pcp, but was pretty bulky.

i think a smaller version that could store less shots, like the 392 acp, but with higher fpe would be nice.

I'm easy. How about an aftermarket add-on trigger safety for my Bushbuck? Even a cheap piece of plastic like the ones they sell for the Glock, which is carried in a double action state so IMHO doesn't need one, but that's another debate. Just something for when you're chambered and walking through the woods trying to position for your shot. Well, or sitting in the tree stand for that matter.