What tripod do you use???

i use a bog and a caldwell turret rest, like them both ... caldwell is sturdier with an adjustable heel support, but its low so thats a limitation ... the bog has generous height adjustment, less solid but generally pretty good, the head on mine wasnt real smooth out of the box so disassembled cleaned adjusted and regreased, all in all definitely a game changer around here and worth the 99$ i paid for it ...

I started with the BOG Death grip and replaced it with the Vortex Radian ball and level head "arca-swiss". The BOG Death Grip failed me and dropped my Impact. This was my reason to replace it. I recommend using the arca-swiss system when picking out a tripod and keeping away from the grip type one.

I use the NEEWER 20-inch Mini Tripod for bench rest,

tri.jpg

Reactions: kayaker and Bud-sc
I use a 3 Legged Thing.

IMO pretty much any tripod from the photography world will be fine. Just get one that matches the conditions you want to use it for. Carbon if you're looking for something light and packable. If you're just going to use it at the range or your back yard, you can get by with more affordable models.
My .177 Akela lives on my BOG DeathGrip. That cost me $105 at the time. It works well, but nothing about it is smooth when moving the gun around. I have gotten used to it and am capable of sub-MOA out to ~93 yards with the Akela shooting FX 10.3 pellets.

My Gen2 .177 Fortitude usually resides on this tripod: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KGH4G8K?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I bought 2 of them at $13.52 each at that time. I also bought clamps to hold my airgun(s).

amazon.png

The first clamp could not clamp tight enough to hold the Fortitude. So, I bought this one and it is what I still use today

Live and learn... (smile)

The BOG is more stable, but nothing about it is smooth.

The other tripod isn't as steady, but it is light enough to use in the field and for what I paid ($13.52) it was a STEAL! I should have bought more just so I could give them away! (smile)

All my best!

Kerry

I'm using a Innorel, with

Sunwayfoto DT-03S Arca Compatible 2 Way Tilt Head +​

View attachment 456484View attachment 456486

That's a nice design. I suppose if you're not on flat ground you'd have to be careful setting up the tripod, so you are close to flat. But having the limited range of motion on the head is probably a good thing for most users.