What travel pack size scope for Leshiy2?

bigHUN

Jan 16, 2020
L4G7X4 Canada
I am planning for Fall a multi day trip on trails deep in a bush, and tinkering to bring my L2 with me.
But I don't have a suitable short parralax scope for trails short to mid distances.
I have two high power target scopes for BR, way too bulky and heavy.
And I have one older scope that I opened the front and moved the shortest focus down to 5 Meters but this surgery resulted moving the far focus as well I think shorter then 20 M, this one I use in my backyard for my walnuttrees damage prevention. And this one as well 13" long and extends at rear 3", not really backpack size.
So, shopping now for a short scope that won't extend the rear when the L2 is folded ( like the IO and LPVO I had earlier), meaning long eye relief also short parallax. And not to break the bank.
Any L2 owner can chime in?

Last edited:
I am planning for Fall a multi day trip on trails deep in a bush, and tinkering to bring my L2 with me.
But I don't have a suitable short parralax scope for trails short to mid distances.
I have two high power target scopes for BR, way too bulky and heavy.
And I have one older scope that I opened the front and moved the shortest focus down to 5 Meters but this surgery resulted moving the far focus as well I think shorter then 20 M, this one I use in my backyard for my walnuttrees damage prevention. And this one as well 13" long and extends at rear 3", not really backpack size.
So, shopping now for a short scope that won't extend the rear when the L2 is folded ( like the IO and LPVO I had earlier), meaning long eye relief also short parallax. And not to break the bank.
Any L2 owner can chime in?
You didn’t say what powerscope you would like. I have had a couple of the 3x12 compact scopes that suited my power requirements. They extended past the magazine about an inch when the stock was folded for my length of pull. The only complaint was they had a small field of view at the higher power setting. I now have the emersive 14 power scope on my Leshiy but it is a zero eye relief scope and extends way back on the stock so it is not conducive for a folding stock. But I don’t care I like this scope’s huge field of view I don’t plan on getting anything else unless they come out with the same technology in a conventional style scope with a long eye relief. Hawke has a 3 x12 compact scope called their Touch that is supposed to have a wider field of view. I might try that one if it goes on sale. I buy my scopes at optics warehouse in the UK.

IMG_3353.jpeg

IMG_4053.jpeg

IMG_4115.jpeg

Reactions: bigHUN
In recent years I had and tried over twenty scopes, but got rid of all that I am not using actively or not suits my interests.
I tried the IO 14x50, but because the 14 power was not enough for my target games in my gunclub also that it was extending past the L2 magazine for a way too long I could not fit in my case - I sold it. But I could have a good use for it again if the eye relief a little longer. I got that scope through a middleman rusmilitary.com.
I had also the Victoptics S6, also decent glass but the paralax 100 yards.
I never tried Vector or Athlon but from the pictures those are longer scopes as well.
I think a power in range about 3-20 shall work for trails ???

Edit:
That UTG Bug buster looks interesting, but, the reticle, and the 1" tube ... uhm, I have a full drawer of metric rings nothing in inches

Last edited:
Bug buster only come in second focal plane. This means the reticle is what it is. They don’t make one that goes as high as 20x. In fact I think the highest they go is 12x

The vector veyron fits your criteria with their 4-16, but again, it’s not 20x. Going that compact, with that much magnification, you’re going to be confined to tier 1 scopes like the March or valdada. They both have a compact scope to the mags you want, but being tier one, be prepared to pay more than you paid for your leshiy 2!

Reactions: SHOMER
Ah no, I put the 20x power as a ballpark only just an answer to a question somewhere back earlier.
I know a lot about (target) scopes and what the best (target) scopes in my interest are usually SFP, I just don't know enough about "small and shorty" (hunter size) FFP units.
Looks like amazon is my best source, I may take a closer look the bug buster and the veyron, the reticle will decide most likely. So far what I liked a thin crosshairs on SFP but open to learn something new.
btw I like those Optisan also the USO from pictures above, not sure where to get them in CAD.

Last edited:
Somewhere last year for a short time I had one Victoptics S6 (1-6 LPVO), the glass was impressive and liked the reticle as well, but I was deep diving into BR and I could not get used to low power and I sold it. Now I may have a good use for it, it was a short body.
I know the parallax was fixed at 100 but I cannot remember what was a shortest focus on that one?