• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

what to get

Septicdeath, why can't you use scopes?

I see peoples point with learning to shoot springers accurately but I've personally seen a few friends and acquaintances new to springers have their excitement about their new gun totally deflate after a few days of shooting them, and I'm referring to cheap springers bought in box stores. 

One of these guys bought a PCP and was the exact opposite, almost every time he shoots his PCP, which he doesn't do but once in a great while(shooting isn't his passion), he calls me up to give me a report and is thrilled he bought it because it's wonderful to shoot and is very accurate! It's hole -n- hole at 30Y, (that was for you Mike, lol.) No but it's often a 5 shot group touching at 30Y.

I don't like pumping a multi pump airgun to get more power personally. Nor pumping up a PCP for that matter. Ha, I'd rather shoot a springer than do that. I suppose I'd go for the multi pump for hunting on occasion rather than use a springer but for plinking I'd opt for the springer and suffer it's oddities - IF PCP's and an easy way to fill them didn't exist.

PCP solves many dislikes I used to have using airguns!

I can't get quick acquisition of a target with a scope. My problem. Put a red dot, SeeAll or open sights I'm good. Where I live if I'm hunting my shots are never more than 30 yards.

Springer's are simple a rifle and a tin of pellets. A cup of coffee and I'm out into the feild to hunt or target practice. They are easy to work on.

I shoot probably 200+ days of the year and its simpler to just grab a rifle a tin of pellets or box of ammo.. I know guy's that bought Springer's and where turned off by them. They both have PCP and the equipment $$$ I'm glad they found something they can shoot with ease. I'll continue to hone my skills with my multitude of break barrels. We are lucky to have all the choices between them wasn't like that when I first started shooting airguns.

I'm surprised you have mastered springers but you can't get quick target acquisition with a scope, I was thinking it might because of an injury. No need I guess since a RD will do for hunting and plinking inside 30Y.

Septicdeath, why can't you use scopes?

I see peoples point with learning to shoot springers accurately but I've personally seen a few friends and acquaintances new to springers have their excitement about their new gun totally deflate after a few days of shooting them, and I'm referring to cheap springers bought in box stores. 

One of these guys bought a PCP and was the exact opposite, almost every time he shoots his PCP, which he doesn't do but once in a great while(shooting isn't his passion), he calls me up to give me a report and is thrilled he bought it because it's wonderful to shoot and is very accurate! It's hole -n- hole at 30Y, (that was for you Mike, lol.) No but it's often a 5 shot group touching at 30Y.

I don't like pumping a multi pump airgun to get more power personally. Nor pumping up a PCP for that matter. Ha, I'd rather shoot a springer than do that. I suppose I'd go for the multi pump for hunting on occasion rather than use a springer but for plinking I'd opt for the springer and suffer it's oddities - IF PCP's and an easy way to fill them didn't exist.

PCP solves many dislikes I used to have using airguns!

I can't get quick acquisition of a target with a scope. My problem. Put a red dot, SeeAll or open sights I'm good. Where I live if I'm hunting my shots are never more than 30 yards.

Springer's are simple a rifle and a tin of pellets. A cup of coffee and I'm out into the feild to hunt or target practice. They are easy to work on.

I shoot probably 200+ days of the year and its simpler to just grab a rifle a tin of pellets or box of ammo.. I know guy's that bought Springer's and where turned off by them. They both have PCP and the equipment $$$ I'm glad they found something they can shoot with ease. I'll continue to hone my skills with my multitude of break barrels. We are lucky to have all the choices between them wasn't like that when I first started shooting airguns.

I'm surprised you have mastered springers but you can't get quick target acquisition with a scope, I was thinking it might because of an injury. No need I guess since a RD will do for hunting and plinking inside 30Y.

With a red dot I'm constant at around 50 yards. Seeall sight or open 30+