What to get

My air Venturi Compressor is dieing a slow death and the factory says send it in for repair. If I lived in Parkway Ohio I would do that. Living in SW Washington State it's both too far to drive and cheaper to by a new one than to ship it.
So....What do i get now? I don't need something that is rated for breathing air. I do want something that is reliable and repairable. I don't want to spend more than $3K for a unit. I have to drive an hour to get to a SCUBA supply shop. Maybe lease a Nitrogen high pressure tank for the garage with the appropriate fittings and use that?? Although many of the rifles I own direct one to use air only. Any thoughts would be really appreciated.

You generally hear good things about YH’s. Most people seem to repair them or buy the warranty. If I didn’t have an Alkin and I committed to $3k like you’ve stated, I would buy two YH’s. One to use till it dies and the second as a back up till the other is repaired. Not sure if buying two warranties is a good idea because they start the date of purchase so maybe just one. Maybe buy a rebuild kit, unless it comes with one. So that’s no where near $3K so maybe a standalone dessicant drier. Who knows, maybe the initial YH will last a long long time.

Reactions: Smitty911
The most common "slow death" failure of Air Venturi and Tuxing 2 cylinder compressors is high pressure piston ring wear and/or clogged check valves above and below the second stage piston. It can be rebuilt with the matching brand high pressure piston rings and a piston installation tool from Air Venturi. The check valves can be cleaned and polished on fine grit sandpaper and reused. It surely beats shipping and repair cost to send it back to AV. This is the most common cause of deteriorating performance. Also check for external air leaks. The tiniest leak can greatly add to fill times and make an owner think the compressor is failing.

I learned through trial and error that a Tuxing requires Tuxing brand rings and AV requires AV brand rings. They aren't interchangeable.

Last edited:
My air Venturi Compressor is dieing a slow death and the factory says send it in for repair. If I lived in Parkway Ohio I would do that. Living in SW Washington State it's both too far to drive and cheaper to by a new one than to ship it.
So....What do i get now? I don't need something that is rated for breathing air. I do want something that is reliable and repairable. I don't want to spend more than $3K for a unit. I have to drive an hour to get to a SCUBA supply shop. Maybe lease a Nitrogen high pressure tank for the garage with the appropriate fittings and use that?? Although many of the rifles I own direct one to use air only. Any thoughts would be really appreciated.
How old is it.?

I bought a Tuxing TXESO61 off Amazon and it has lasted about 10 fills before making a horrendous noise (scraping) and then blew the 35A fuse - which is not a normal fuse! I had to order them in as no one within 60 miles has any in stock. I followed all directions and reviewed what other folks have done on this forum to make sure that the compressor would last. I guess I'm tired of trying to "cheap out" and now hope for the best and plunked down the money for a Hill EC 3000 (Air Venturi branded). It was designed for direct fill of PCP guns and made in England. It was well under your $3k amount.

Reactions: Ca_Varminter
Like I said above... I have a Hill EC3000 to help top off my 300 bar bottle on my M3!!
Hill2.jpg

I did add an additional air purifier and muffing fan....
Separator41.jpg

Hill%20aux%20fan1.jpg