• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What to do??

What are you using now to fill your gun?

I was using a compressor that cost over $2000 that crapped out after 17 hours. I'll never buy an expensive compressor again. It would have cost me almost $600 to get it repaired including shipping two ways..

If you don't mind saying. Which compressor was that?

Sounds like you aren't very handy fixing things - like me. 

Buy the YH and when it breaks sell it for $150, then buy another. We hope they last at least a few years each time!

I am. I used to do all my auto maintenance, plumbing, electrical, yada, yada, but I'm pushing 80 and I just don't have the time or patience to spend hours trying to figure out this mess. It looks like brain surgery to me. Then you have to get parts....

Buy the YH and when it breaks sell it for $150, then buy another. We hope they last at least a few years each time!

I am. I used to do all my auto maintenance, plumbing, electrical, yada, yada, but I'm pushing 80 and I just don't have the time or patience to spend hours trying to figure out this mess. It looks like brain surgery to me. Then you have to get parts....

Is it a Daystate/Coltri compressor?

My Impact MK2 25 caliber rifle gets 60 shots per fill. I could buy a Power Plenum for $300 and get 70 shots. Or.... I could buy a Yong Heng compressor for $329 and fill my gun a little more often. BTW, my gun shoots 25 gr JSBs at 900 fps.

I don't have this particular caliber, but can I ask why you think you will only pick up 10 shots? I originally read that you would gain an additional 70 shots, but you responded favorably to the comment about an extra 10 shots, so I assume you think you will only gain 10. If that is not correct, please ignore the rest of the post. By lowering the reg pressure, and keeping the same power, you should pick up well more than 10 shots. It is rated at 110 shots and the compact is rated for 70 shots (at 47ftlbs which isn't far from what you are getting). Even upgrading to the PP on the .30 that I had would have gained me well more than 10 shots. 

In the spirit of the original question though, additional shots per fill versus unlimited, the unlimited shots cost savings definitely has a better ring to it. If it were the .30, I would probably actually suggest the PP, because 30-40 shots per fill is annoying. At 70-100 shots per fill, the compressor would be more tempting. 

You'd be shocked how simple and easy the Yong Heng is to work on. I had the heads and (one unit) off and replaced the piston/rod assembly on mine in under 20 minutes I'd say. I don't work particularly fast either.

My rod failed, filling lots of dive tanks, and using the wrong oil 

Filling guns straight from a Yong Heng is a lot less wear than it's intended tank filling purpose and should last a very long time providing periodic basic maintenance such as oil change documenting run time etc... Just Get a good filter for it and always use ice water in a 5 gallon bucket and a better pump. The one included does not seem heavy duty and run a big Vornado fan facing the motor IMHO... YO